A Change in Style

This is finally an actual post on fashion!!

Hey Everyone!

Today, I will be talking about my style transformation from high school to college. In high school I was known as the school's prep. Vineyard Vines and Lilly P were my go to clothing options. I never dressed down during the school year. I even had a "First Impressions" print inspired birthday cake for my Sweet Sixteen birthday party! A little extra, I know. You get the point.

I made this thing called Lilly Tuesdays similar to Mean Girls, but on Tuesdays I wore Lilly clothes




I'm in the center wearing my favorite Lilly Pulitzer dress for my Sweet Sixteen birthday
Image may contain: dessert and food
Here is the Lilly cake for my Sweet Sixteen that my fabulous mother made herself!

























In college, I can most likely be seen in running shorts and an extra large t-shirt. I care so much more about comfort than quality. However, when I do go out, I have started dressing more boho and edgier. I decided as soon as I got to school that I was going to change up my style because if I want to make fashion my life then I need to be able to be more flexible and accepting of all looks. Another thing that I am obsessed with is BOOT CUT JEANS. I have had these jeans since the 8th grade and I swear, they are the most flattering pants I own. I try to wear them any chance I can get (in the most non-gross way). I am just setting your expectations now

 I am so lucky to have Washington, D.C be my backyard. Over spring break, me and my best friend, Grace, went into the city and visited some museums and took a bunch of pictures to document the memories.
Grounded

This free people tank and military jacket mash-up is the epitome of earth tones. When picking out this outfit, I tried to keep it simple, adding accessories like the marble wrap necklace and the gold hoop earrings. Like I have said in previous posts, wrap necklaces are such a huge trend and I have learned to adapt to the fashion of my surroundings. Military jackets are the best things since sliced bread because you can pop it on anything and look instantly better. The booties add another earth tone to the mix and making this ensemble a more well-rounded look. This is outfit is a perfect example of my new style: simple and comfortable. You can wear this outfit to a lunch date or a shopping spree with friends.




Flowy Fun

I actually have had these pieces for a while but never wore them because I didn't think that I could pull it off. Little did I know that I just need a new attitude and the right eye to pair them together. This 70's inspired outfit is another comfortable and simple outfit with the boho vibes. Again, I have my flair jeans with a kimono for Nordstrom' BP and the white flowy tank top from Topshop.  This white tank top is such a staple piece that you can pair with anything. It is also super flattering with just flow without making you look bigger than you are. These are the same booties and earrings as the previous outfit because I didn't want anything to draw away from the visual of the kimono. This outfit screams spring and I cant wait to wear it again when the weather warms up a little more.




City Chic

This is one of my favorite latest creations. I found these snake skin Steve Madden booties ON SALE at the Steve Madden outlets and got them for $20!! (aka the best deal of my entire life) This was a very spontaneous purchase. Since buying them, I have been trying to find ways to pair them with other pieces in my closet. It was pretty hard at first because the shoes are so out of my comfort zone and completely opposite of what I would have worn in high school, but I wanted to challenge myself. I decided to keep the rest of the outfit simple to draw all visual attention to the booties. I am wearing a black baby doll PIKO shirt with a black wrap necklace that I got from Amazon for $4, and, of course, the flair jeans and gold hoops. I wore this outfit to a nice dinner with friends in D.C. The whole outfit gives off urban vibes and I love it!





Sugar and Spice

This outfit is very similar to the "Grounded" ensemble. It is very simple but the top is so spicy to me with the deep V and the white bralette popping out of the straps. I got the top from the Free People sale section and I SWEAR BY THAT SECTION. Free People is so expensive as is and any piece that I have gotten from Free People, I have gotten from the sale section. I got the top in this outfit for $29 and it was originally $74!! Even though this outfit is almost the exact same, it is still goes along with my change in style and attitude when it comes to fashion.

 

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne







 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top