SPRING/ SUMMER TRENDS TO LOOK OUT FOR



Another hiatus and we are back with a trend analysis! I love dissecting trends and figuring out how they can fit into my wardrobe. Spring has truly sprung in New York and after surviving my first winter here, I am ready for the 60 and sunny. Fashion in New York is always amazing, but I have noticed that fashion here is the closest reflection to the runway I have ever seen! Today, I am going to be diving into some of the top trends I have seen around for the season and how I would want to style them! 
***



 1. PEARLS ARE THE NEW DIAMONDS

This makes high school Sara Anne really happy! I have always had a favoring to pearls- literally from buying the five pack of stud earrings from Target in middle school. This season, you will see pearls everywhere- on clothes or paired with clothes. Every season there is always an embellishment go-to and this seasons pearls have been the ones chosen. It really appeals to the regal, pastel, classic feelings you have been seeing in fashion recently. A lot of trends are older concepts that are being modernized and this season you will see pearls done in a way never seen before.



2. IN THE TRENCHES

Another renaissance for the classic staple. In the winter we were all about the the puffer jackets and how bright we could be, but now we are shifting back to form. Personally, I don't have a trench coat, but I fee like it will be my next big purchase. I love the simplicity of the silhouette and how you can really use it to dress up or dress down your look. You do have the option to experiment with texture and shade, but I do like the classic camel. It all reminds me of Audrey Hepburn, who I adore. 



3. CUT IT OUT 

Not gonna lie, this trend made me a little nervous because I am a little self conscious about these things. However, if you are a little nervous like me, I would lean more towards the asymmetrical neck lines or just silhouettes in general. I do want to challenge myself to partake in this trend because I do think it is so cute! I think this trend, there is definitely a spectrum of how much you want to commit to.



4. CLOGGIN AROUND

I gotta say I love my clogs. I know a lot of people don't think they are as cool as other shoes of the world, but I think they are such a spring staple and I want to really branch into the colorful one (obviously). My go to in styling these shoes is white jeans, and a blouse or a long sundress- pretty much Easter vibes. I have also seen a lot of different types of clogs ranging from thickness in the heel, height, and if there is a strap or not. I will say these clogs were not made for walking, so be very careful with what you commit to.



5. BUTTON UP LOOSE ENDS

There has been a fascination in the fashion world around tailored suits, and business wear mixing with street style and this is a continuation of that. Again, this trend has a spectrum of how you can attack it, you can take the oversized approach or you can take a sexier approach and have your top be a little more fitted. I think I am going to branch into both. Obviously I love an oversized button up because of my ~body dysmorphia~, but I have grown in self confidence- which is something I am going to talk about later, and I do want to try more fitted stuff out. One last thing that I love about this trend is that you can wear this trend with anything- shorts, skirts, pants, or even as a dress! All good trends have a spectrum and this one fully encapsulates it's approachability!


***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top