June Favorites


June, in my eyes,  has been one of the most active months of the whole year both personally and globally. Personally, I have been very mindful about what I am doing , how what I am doing is making me feel, and how I can get better. The world is facing two extreme pandemics, COVID-19 and racial injustice. The news is more active than every and social media has become its own source for mass-spread information. There is so much we can take forward coming into July and while this post will contain a lot of my personal favorite everyday clothing, beauty, and otherwise "irrelevant" items, the one thing I am taking with me going into July is the drive to always learn more. I hope you all enjoy my recommendations of things I have been loving this past month!
***

Listening
I have recently really gotten into podcasts and love listening to them while I am on my morning walks to start my day more informed and caught up on current events globally and in the professional world. On a completely oposite side of the spectrum, I have also revisited SoundCloud (yes the music app that is commonly used in middle school and at frat parties.) I have loved using some of the song remixes in my work outs!

- The Daily Podcast by The New York Times
- HBR IdeaCast  Podcast by The Harvard Business Review
- The Diet Starts Tomorrow Podcast by Betches
- The All Dogs Go To Heaven Remix
- The Paper Pools Remix
- Big Bootie Mix No. 17

Wearing
As unexpected as you would think, I have been LIVING in my biker shorts. I got sick of the "no pants" look and I found some cheap pairs on Amazon Prime and loved them. They are perfect for a causal look with an oversized graphic tee.

LOVESHACKFANCY COLLAB WITH TARGET. If you follow me on Instagram (which you should @uniquely_sara_anne), you would have seen that I was so freakin amped when their collab came out with Target and got three dresses for a total of $150 which is insane! I love them so much and cannot recommend those dresses enough! They are so comfortable and flowy and just light to wear for the summer. Unfortunately the are mostly sold out and people on Poshmark are up-selling them by almost double the price, so it is up to you all to see how much you want to pay for them if you want one. 

Beauty
The biggest thing that has saved my life during the summer is the Hair Claw, big clip things. I recently got a hair cut (like five inches GONE, but it's still pretty long) and when I don't want to put my hair in a pony tail, I just twist it and put it up. They are so cheap and they don't mess up my hair like how a hair tie can leave a crease in your hair. 


Doing
This month I have been VERY into vitamins and supplements. I have just been really getting into health and was reading articles about vitamins should be taking in your 20s and being 21, I thought I should take a look at it. The biggest thing I learned (and this might be a commonly known thing) is that I am entering the ages where our bodies are about to really change and we are in need of some nutrients more than others, so I have started taking five vitamins a day: Fish Oil, Vitamin B Complex, Milk Thistle, Magnesium, and Astaxanthin. I love them all and really do feel more energized, more full throughout the day, and have noticed an improvement in my skin!! 10/10 would recommend taking free quizzes online or doing your own personal research to see what would work best for you!

I have been drinking up CHAI TEA LATTES. I became obsessed with them at school and have been craving them for so long and finally got some Tazo Chai Tea Concentrate and just mixed it with almond. Beautiful!!

The last major thing I have been doing is reading a lot! I recently posted a blog about books to read to learn about the fashion industry so go and check that out, but the book I want to recommend to you all is So You Want to Talk About Race. It is such an eye opening book to read and explains a lot of things in detail! We should all continue to educate yourself about all things our country is facing, racism being one of them. 

***
What are somethings you have loved this past month?

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top