FIT Styling Mood Board



During quarantine I have been trying to find new things to continue growing in my skills and knowledge so that when jobs start opening back up, I'll be able to show recruiters what I did with all of my time! My mom and I were brainstorming new things for me to work on and she suggested look up classes at FIT. It is really common for some corporate offices to partner with schools to offer non-credited courses at institutions, so I looked up on FIT's website and sure enough I was able to find some! Now, as a disclaimer, I did pay for these course and am extremely lucky to have the support of my parents to help me take advantage of this opportunity. I had always wanted to go to FIT and now I -kinda- could! One of the classes I signed up for was Fashion Styling: Social Media. I was particularly excited for this because I wanted to learn more about styling and, especially, how to grow my social media following. In this class we were assigned to style a photoshoot and create a mood board relating to the hashtag: #fashionwithnofuture. This hashtag was created together as a class because right now we are faced with unprecedented times filled with isolation, uncertainty, and a feeling of helplessness. We don't know what the future looks like but we know that fashion will always be with us as long as we have creativity, clothes, and nature. 

I decided to take this mood board and styling assignment in the direction of a more bare, stripped down feeling. Everyone is relating this pandemic to the times of the 1918s and that is exactly what I wanted to represent in my shoot- the feeling of emptiness and natural beauty. I paired my multicolored floral Topshop maxi dress with my white Chloe lace up boots and neutral jewelry. I loved shooting in this field because it also shows how vast the world is and the blank canvas presented before us. I did this shoot with my friend Hunter Carrico (@byhuntercarrico on Instagram) and I loved how he captured these moments. When creating the mood board, I paired my shoot with like-minded pictures I found on Pinterest and the specific Pantone colors I wanted to be represented. This assignment challenged me to think about the big picture of styling and working with the time restriction to think on my feet. Below I have included the Mood Board I made as well as an ad I designed for the dress I was wearing in the shoot and a deeper insight to my inspiration of my stylings!
***





***
What did you think the future of fashion looks like?

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top