November Favorites

 


Hello Everyone!

It is the last day of November and I don't know about you guys but it felt like the beginning of this month went by really fast and the later part of the month went by in snails speed. However, we are almost done with this crazy year and I am sharing one of my last favorites posts of 2020! It is so weird how this year has turned out but I do believe that everything happens for a reason and if I had gotten a job post grad then I would have never gotten back into this blog! So I hope you all enjoy this November favorites post and stay tuned for Wednesday when I post my December Mood Board!!

***

Listening

I think I said this in my last favorites post but I have been loving listening to Jazz music in the morning. It is soft enough and cozy enough to wake me up and get ready for the day. I also love listening to it when I am working because it is something to zone in on. I have been listening to the Christmas Holiday Jazz playlist from Spotify and I usually don't listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but this year I made an exception since it made me feel happy!

Miley Cyrus is such a queen in my book and I have loved her since the Hannah Montana days. Despite the challenges of COVID, she has released a ton of new music in 2020! Two of her most recent collabs have been replayed on my phone for the last two weeks straight: Edge of Midnight with Stevie Nicks and Prisoner with Dua Lipa. 

I have loved lilNasX since the Old Town Road days. I think that he is such an entertainer and his music is so funny and hype. He released his song for the holidays, Holiday and it is so so hype. It is not necessarily the All I Want for Christmas is You fan favorite, but is it still so great!

Beauty

Living in Northern Virginia, it is getting really cold and my face is getting really dry. It has never been this dry before because usually it is really oily. I have always been nervous about moisturizer because my skin is so sensitive, but I found one that I love! Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask. I use it as a moisturizer three times a week and just leave it in my skin (because anymore and I will become oily). I know I am a little late to this party but it really has changed the game for me. My face is glowy and not greasy. It is an investment piece that will  continue to give back to you!

Similar with the skin care, I have really been trying to help the under eye circles on my face. I also just love the cooling aspect of the under eye patches. Thanks to the Sephora holiday sale I got a set of the Peter Thomas Roth Detox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches and they have been working so well. The puffiness under my eyes have definitely gone down and even some of the dark circles. It only has added 10 more minutes to my skincare routine and I love the results!

For my birthday, my best friend Gabby got me the Briogeo Be Gentle Be Kind Mega Moisture Superfoods Hair Mask. I have been using it once a week in the shower and my hair is always so much softer. I have been using more heat on my hair recently and I want to make sure I am still taking care of it!

Wearing

Graphic Band Tees. Another trend I have behind on buying, but Urban Outfitters recently had a sale and I got a couple half off! The thing I love about these is that you can style them up or down depending on your event you are going to! I feel that 2020 has adjusted our standards to be more casual making things like t-shirts more acceptable to wear in our day to day.

I have on the hunt for the perfect black booties and I recently found a pair from Steve Madden that I have been living in! They are the Chelsea Black Boots and they have a slight heel with it to give it an elevated feel. 

I love an eye catcher piece in my outfits and I recently got a cocktail ring from Kendra Scott that I have worn in some of my recent Instagram posts. It is a blend of blue, green, and purple and somehow matches with everything I wear!

Doing

I have been continuing my binge of Gilmore Girls and am hoping to finish it by the end of December. I have watched four seasons out of seven so far and I feel like this is a realistic goal to set. It is such a feel good show with its features of drama and comedy. It is so different than what I usually watch but is also so relaxing.

I have gotten back into running thanks to my new Brookes Running Shoes. I have to kinda start over which is really frustrating because in the beginning of the year, I was running between four and six miles whenever I would do my regular runs, but that is what you get for taking four months off. I want to start making more of an effort to run during the week!

I have been reading like a total bookworm which is pretty much the opposite of everything I have ever known because I used to hate reading. I have started reading a lot of career advice books because why not? I plan to do some more book reviews on the blog for books that I actually think you guys would like or find helpful. I also have a book "highlight" featured on my Instagram page for all the books I have read this year if you are looking for something to pick up!

***
What are some of your favorites for the month?

Stay UNIQUE and Happy Holidays!
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top