Top Ten Things That Made Me Smile



Hey Guys! 


Back with the things that made me smile this week and let me tell you, being in the city, it is hard not to find things that make you smile! Not every week is the same and you'll see that week by week there are some big moments that will make me smile and then there will be small snapshots that still make me smile just as big. Happiness is a fluid feeling- it can be found in anything you want it to fit into. I digress. Here are some of the top ten things that made me smile this week! 

Enjoy!

***

 1. Clean Sheets

There is no greater feeling than sleeping in a clean bed! Especially after you had just shaved your legs. I washed my sheets and pillow cases this week and you just feel like you have your life together when you know your bed is cleaner. It is truly the little things that can completely turn your day around!


2. Allowing Myself to Relax

I am really bad at listening to my body when it is showing signs of burnout. I want to be able to doing things all the time and get everything on my to-do list crossed off every single day, when in reality, that is just not possible. This past weekend I "alllowed"/ forced myself to just stay in bed. Of course I meal prepped and grocery shopped for the week, but after that I spent like five hours catching up on YouTube and just laying. I am realizing how overstimulating New York, and this transition as a whole, can be so forcing myself to be still is what will actually recharge me to be able to do all of the fun things I love! It is crazy how, now that I am older, I am becoming a little bit of an introvert!


3. In Studio Rumble Classes

I have been going to Rumble since I was an intern and I absolutely LOVE it! When I would come home from college, I would try to go to the DC location and now that I am back in the city, the New York locations have recently opened back up, so I am able to go to classes. As a Disclaimer, we wear masks the whole time, there is limited capacity, and there is deep cleaning sessions taken place after every class! It is my favorite work out because you will be shocked with how much your body can do and it is just really fun to hit a punching bag sometimes!


4. Cooking More At Home

I have realized that I am just not financially made to eat out all the time, so I have been trying to cook more at home and let me just say Hello Fresh who??? I have been cooking salmon, chicken, all of the veggies, pasta- still very entry level cooking, but I am proud of myself and I have to thank my number one supporter Trader Joe's! Without him, I would not be where I am today!


5. Drinking TONS of Water

Lately I have been trying to drink as close to one gallon of water a day because as much as I am obsessed with all kinds of drinks (ie. green juices, La Croix, wine), I don't get enough water! I have noticed that once I started drinking more water, I craved it more! I have also noticed it has helped my digestion, and for the most part has helped my skin- besides this one pimple I am currently trying to deal with. All in all, very proud of myself for drinking water!


6. Getting More Consistent on my Daily "Vlogs"

Honestly I have loved making TikToks! They are so easy and I love showing you guys a more "inside scoop" to what my life in the city looks like! Also I have noticed that it helps me "romaniticize" and appreciate my life more. I am not necessarily doing it for "fame", but because it is like a virtual diary of my life in this exciting time!


7. Finding New Music on Spotify

I feel like there is so much music out there and honestly I have really been vibing with the playlists that Spotify makes for you- which yes definitely fuels the algorithm, but still they really don't miss!  Also I have been back on my podcast grind which I love because I am able to learn more about things I am passionate about. Also walking around listening to podcasts is such a "city vibe for me" and when I am working from home during the day, I am alone in the apartment so the pods give another voice to the space!


8. Rewatching Schitt's Creek

Schitt's Creek is the perfect summation of my humor- very quick, dramatic, and quirky. I have loved rewatching the seasons and also it is so quick to get through! It is the best thing to watch in at the end of a long day at work!


9. Strangers Asking Me for Directions

The mark of a true New Yorker- people asking you for directions. While, yes, safety is very important and I make sure that they don't follow me after asking me for help, but it makes me feel so good to know where things are and how to get there!


10. Seeing the Blooming Flowers Around the City

Right now, it is tulip central! In case you haven't seen on my Instagram (@uniquely_sara_anne if you don't already), Madison Square Park is my favorite place to be right now because it feels like Spring on crack. Lucky for me, it is only a couple blocks from my apartment! I have been trying to incorporate it in my morning walk because being outside is seriously the best things for my mental health. You just feel a bit of hope when you see flowers blooming and the city opening back up! 

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top