WISCONSIN RECAP



Holy Shat y'all!!


If you follow me on Instagram ( which you totally should @uniquely_sara_anne), you have seen the past 4 days and what has gone down, but now it is time for me to share the extended version of it all on here! Don't get me wrong I was so excited to visit my bestie gal and wanted to make it work, so I am glad that it ended up working out but the travel definitely took a turn for the worst in the beginning. 


Starting it off, I get to the airport at 1:30pm- immediately my flight is delayed an hour and a half. Cool. No worries. I just went to the bar and got a glass of wine. I had just gotten a new book, so I started reading and eventually get another drink. Thirty minutes before my boarding, I am a little tipsy and now I found out my flight got cancelled. I would like to go on the record of saying I have never had a cancelled flight in my life, so I was freaking out. I called my dad and found the help desk to try to get on any type of flight going to the Wisconsin area. I end up getting a first class ticket to Chicago so my friend ( bless her heart) was going to drive two hours to pick me up. I realize my flight starts boarding in 9 minutes in a different terminal. I then run to the shuttle to get to the other terminal and right when I get there it is delayed until 7:45pm. Then almost 20 minutes later, it got delayed to 9:00pm. 30 minutes later- 9:40pm. 


At this point I am like, I feel like this is going to get cancelled so I am just going to head towards the help desk just in case. I end up waiting in this help desk line for 2.5 hours. While I am in line, my flight gets delayed to 11pm. Right when I get to the front it is cancelled to I get a ticket for Madison, WI the next day (teary eyed with my dad on the phone for support) and take a taxi cab of shame home. 8 hours in the airport on Day 1, over $100 in transportation,  2.5 hours in line for the help desk, 2 cancelled flights, and a partridge in a pair tree. 



I wake up the next morning to find that my flight that was scheduled for 3:45pm was CANCELLED. My third flight in 15 hours. At this point, I am depleted. I call the help line- 3 HOUR WAIT.  It is sunny and 70 degrees in New York. Why is there a cancellation?? When I finally get on the phone with a customer service representative I get my ticket for a flight THE NEXT MORNING, and I try to ask for some kind of travel voucher or credit for the inconvenience and she tells me to call after my trip so TBD because I am calling today. 


At this point I already have the day off and I decided I am treating myself and trying to cheer myself up, so I dress up in an all pink outfit and walk around. I popped into Zara, got lunch at American Bar (which I am actually going there for dinner tonight), and got a rainbow sprinkled cookie from a local bakery. I also did some administrative stuff, ran, and read more of my book. 


The next morning I AM READY. I take THE shower, wear a real outfit, and do my make up. Leave my apartment at 6:15am. I am ready for my first class ticket for the best 30 hours in Wisconsin. All went as planned.  THANK GOD- I guess in this case fourth time is the charm. I land in Wisconsin and finally am reunited with my bestie. I will say the highlight of my first class experience was being able to skip the line for security. Other than that the first class seats in American are more comfortable and to my surprise THERE WERE NO TVs. I thought that was the big selling point of Delta?


We went to a super nice restaurant for lunch called Cento. I split a Kale Ceasar Salad and this Lobster pasta. Both were literally out of this world ( and surprisingly cheap). We also got like three drinks because they were literally $8?!?! Okay Wisconsin!




We walked around downtown, took some pics, and got coffee. Our favorite drinks are Dirty Chai Lattes and these were just amazing. I also got a slice a carrot cake of course. The thing I love about Kamila is that she is fiercely loyal like me. We are each others' biggest cheerleaders and it was so nice to have our time together. It is so important to stay invested in your long distance friendships and take the visits if you can. Obviously, I wish we had the time we planned but I am grateful for the time we got!



For dinner, we went to this place called Graze and split a bunch of different things again. We split cheese curds ( a must), taquitos, and their house burger. I also had this cream ale beer which literally tasted like cream soda and also was $8!


After dinner we walked around downtown and played the classic game "Would You Rather" before heading to this bar called Gennas where I got three dirty shirleys for less than $20 (which included tip) and let me tell you, Wisconsins know what a heavy pour is. Of course, we were sure to drink water throughout the night because the sugar in those drinks would have killed me the next morning. The thing I loved about this bar was that is was very sit down, chill vibes. There were high tables, couches, and booths. It was such fun, much needed quality time!



Sunday Morning we went to this cutie little place called Everly for brunch and I got Sausage and Potato Hash. It was banging. I am definitely more of a savory person when it comes to breakfast and this hit the spot. We then went back home and hung out, worked out and just soaked up the quality time we had together , walked around the river, got coffee with some of her friends from work, and drove around University of Wisconsin's campus- which is so beautiful  by the way. Then I got all packed up and headed to the airport. Thankfully, I had an evening flight so I was able to have 2ish days with her. I still landed at 9:30pm so not too late thankfully because I had to work the opening shift at Rumble.


Overall I would give Delta a 2/10 only because I was able to get a first class ticket and thankfully nothing happened on the way home. This trip definitely tested me and in some ways I let my emotions get the best of me and in others I am very proud of my dedication and flexibility. I don't regret following through with the trip and seeing however long I got with my friend. I don't know when I will be able to see her again, so you got to take advantage of the opportunities that are right in front of you. 



***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top