Easy Ways to Add Color to Your Wardrobe



Hey Guys!!

I would like to think that I am a very colorful person both personally and with my style. I feel like color can be very intimidating for people to add into their closet because it is something draws people eyes to you. Personally I wear things that are meant to be seen but I realize that is not how most people prefer to dress, but today I have decided to show you different ways to incorporate color in more subtle and easy ways!

***


 1) Accessories

This is number one for a reason. It is the easiest way to add color. This is also the cheaper way to add color. Whether it is jewelry, scarves, hats, sunglasses, handbags. There are so many ways to add a splash of color into your outfit. I honestly keep my jewelry plain gold but definitely have incorporated a statement ring and definitely felt victim to the bubble statement necklace way back when. Whatever your go to accessory is, try to incorporate your favorite color into the mix. Even if you are wearing an all black outfit and have a hot pink purse, you are still incorporating color!

 






2) Shoes

As time passes, I have grown to love expanding my shoe collection. I have noticed that sneakers and booties are the easiest shoes to add color into. You can incorporate a color that may be featured in your top or maybe your bag. Shoes can be found anywhere and range in price so you can really customize to your comfort level. You can find colored shoes at Converse or go to the other side of the spectrum and get glittery golden goose. Nordstrom Rack is a really good place to find cheaper, high quality shoes!

  







3) Pants

This is an avenue that I have just gotten into. I used to be really into the colored pants when I was in my preppy phase. I would pair my burgundy pants with my gingham top and ballet flats, but now I am getting more into printed pants and the colored wide legged jeans from Zara, paired with a tank top or a textured top. For the printed pants, I usually use Nuuly to let me try different styles and patterns. 







4) Jackets

Jackets are such a blessing to keep us warm and keep us cute. Jackets come in all different textures: leather, suede, fur, and wool just to name a few. Not only can you add color with jackets but you can add texture to your outfits as well. Honestly, I have been using Nuuly to explore my different jacket options. Since I am only renting it for a month, I am able to figure out what works for my closet. Jacket's have evolved far from the black North Face zip up, so step out of your comfort zone!

 
 




5) Patterns

Patterns open the door to color. It is easy to have a colorful pattern and then wear all neutrals or a pair of light washed jeans. Patterns can sometimes take the pressure off of styling an outfit because it has that visual draw. You can wear a patterned top, patterned pants, or even patterned socks! The options are endless! Patterns are really what bring me to Nuuly and you can use my code here to get $10 off your first month!

 



***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top