MY HOT GIRL SUMMER FAVORITES

 


Hey Guys!

With the sunny season finishing up it's chapter in our year, I wanted to reflect on the concept of the "Hot Girl Summer".  Hot Girl Summer, just like a lot of trends, has become a relative term with a range of outcomes. For me, Hot Girl Summer included learning more about myself and investing in things that will help me feel better mentally, physically, and emotionally! I feel like we go into Summer with this hyperfixation on making it the best thing in the world and if it doesn't match up with the person next to you, you feel like you are doing something wrong. We put so much emphasis on certain times in our lives that we forget the everyday moments and making the most of the ordinary! Today I am showing you guys some of my favorite brands, activities, and items that have made my summer what it is and what I am taking with me for the rest of the year!

***

1. Five Minute Journal

My core favorite for a while now and honestly do not think that I will stop recommending it out! It just the best way to start your morning with gratitude and mindfulness. I am actually almost done with my journal, so I am going to have to get a new one soon!


2. Outdoor Voices One Piece

I have become an Outdoor Voices Stan! It is one of my favorite workout brands at the moment and their workout dresses and one pieces have become my favorite summer outfits. They are so easy to just throw on and work out or run errands or just lay on the couch! I have found a lot of dupes on Amazon, so the vibe is very attainable, but the Outdoor Voices brand is definitely high on my list!


3. Summer Fridays

Both the brand and the concept! This summer, through my corporate job, I am able to have Fridays off (up until Labor Day). Having another day of the week where I can be "offline" (I say that in air quotes because are we ever fully disconnected from our jobs?), has been amazing! Another thing that is amazing is taking care of your skin. Summer Fridays makes my favorite moisturizing mask. I never thought I would be able to actually use moisturizer because my skin has always been so sensitive and oily, but moisturizer has actually helped control my oily skin. Investing in your skincare is one of my ultimate forms of self-care and definitely something I have prioritized this summer!


4. Lemon Juice

Lemon juice in my water, on my salmon, just the scent of lemon- I AM OBSESSED! The easiest trick into making me drink more water is adding lemon juice to the mix. It just tastes so refreshing and always hits the spot. I have read different sources saying it detoxes or it doesn't detox, either way I am drinking a lot more water because of it!


5. Reading Books

I recently made a Good Reads account and if high school me saw Sara Anne now, she would be so confused. I honestly hated reading when I was younger, but now it gives me a way to escape and explore. It is crazy how much you can enjoy something when you are not forced to do it. I have also recently found myself on Book Tik Tok and I have been reading just to know what is going on. I am going to try and read 10 more books before the end of the year! 


6. Meals But By Yourself

There is something so powerful about going out to a restaurant by yourself that is so invigorating! Just being able to sit back and read a book and eat anything from a cheeseburger to sushi! It is the most "Main Character" that you will ever feel!


7. Exercise Classes

I have always been a group exercise girl because I have never felt fully confident to be in the gym on my own. I am doing some personal training sessions, to build comfort, but exercise classes have always been my bread and butter. Thanks to my new gym membership, I have unlimited classes ranging from Pilates to Cycle to Strength Training. Also, being the Rumble stan that I am, I would be remiss not to include on of my newest obsessions- Rumble Training! Whether it is virtually or in person, try out a new exercise class that excites you! 


8. Podcasting on Commutes

I have been trying to make the most of my time and learning about things that genuinely interest me. I have been doing a lot of podcast walks, podcast subway rides, even podcast grocery runs. Last year I told myself that in 2021, I was going to be a podcast girl, and now I can't imagine how boring my life would be without them! I have talked about a lot of my favorites in various posts, so snoop around if you want!


Summer may be coming to an end, but doing things for ourselves doesn't have to!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top