ANOTHER YEAR AROUND THE SUN

 

Hey Party Peeps!

I am officially 23 when this post goes live and instead of doing the "22 Things I Learned at 22" post, I thought I would just do a general reflection of the year and share some goals for my next year around the sun. I feel like recently I have been reflecting a lot. About growing up. About the transitions taking place in my life. About who I was and who I want to become. Birthdays just kinda hit different now because as you get older there are more responsibilities and more opportunities. So today I will try to make it concise because I know I tend to ramble, so just relax and enjoy my inner thoughts!
***
22. A year that was mostly experienced in a post-grad pandemic purgatory. I was forced to find out who I wanted to be outside of my job title. I was faced thoughts I had pushed away in college and figuring out how to manage new anxieties relating to the world, personal finances, and mental health. Now, that all sounds really deep and it was. But having that time of unemployment allowed me to put practices into place of showing myself care and love that are now instinctual routines. I have always been a believer of the saying " you grow through what you go through" and while it is always easier to say it after the fact, it is a vital reminder when you are in the thick of things. Over the course of 22 I have worked/ am working four different jobs at four different companies in two different states. I also was stood up on a date for the first time in my life. While 22 I started living loosely by a budget and understood the value of being alone. 22 has probably been one of my most transformative years personally and mentally, while also being a very transitional year physically and professionally. I learned that FaceTimes were a new love language of mine, that there is a value in staying informed, and that sheet pan dinners are both delicious and cheap!
I am excited for another year around the sun and more learning about the world and how I fit into it!

Now moving into my goals for my 23rd year- I am just going to put them in list order they don't need big explanations!
***
- Run a Marathon

- Read one book a month

- Create more of a work/ life balance routine

- Put myself out there in the dating game ( more on this in my Dating Update post coming soon)

- Go to Europe

- Create a community for myself in New York

- Actively contribute to my retirement funds ( also I really want to understand the stock market haha)

- Start going to therapy and advocating for my mental house
***

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top