PODCASTS TO LISTEN TO WHEN FIRST GETTING INTO THE POD WORLD

 



In 2020 I told myself that I was going to be a podcast person. I liked the idea of listening and learning to my favorite influencer, celebrities, and news outlets. I never thought I could pay attention enough to get through one, but now I listen to like three a day ( and some of them are literally 5 minutes and some are an hour and a half). I know that sounds like a lot but it really is about finding shows that you look forward to listening to; shows that you benefit from and are entertained by. I am going to share some of the podcasts that I recommend to listen to when first becoming a podcast girly!

Let me know if you have any recs that I didn't mention!

***

The Morning Toast

This is a show I recommend to everyone who love pop culture or just loves to laugh. The Morning Toast is a podcast hosted by two sisters, Jackie and Claudia Oshry, who give your the Fast Five stories for the day. These headline are mostly driven out of pop culture or what is trending, but they also do a lot of TV recaps where they give you their thoughts on popular television shows, movies, and the latest on Bravo! These shows are usually an hour long and are hilarious to listen along to when you're at work, running errands, or cleaning your apartment. They also release episodes everyday Monday- Friday.


The Skinny Confidential 

This was a podcast I knew had a lot of hype behind it, but now I see why. Lauryn and Michael Bosstick bring in industry professionals from health and wellness, pop culture, psychologists and entrepreneurs to help make their listeners the best version of themself. I always learn something new in each episode and rush to listen when new episodes drop. Each episode is about an hour long and I like to listen to them when I'm commuting somewhere or getting ready for the day so I can be a little more intentional and pay attention. They release new episode every Monday and Thursday.


The Daily

The Daily by the New York Times is for people who what to be more informed on current events relating to the news and what is going on in a more political sphere. When I decided to become a podcast girlie, a big factor was just becoming a more informed member of society, so politics naturally falls into that world. The reason why I love the Daily and recommend it to literally everyone is because it is only 30 minutes a day and it gives you an in depth look at a topic currently happening in the world. I feel like it is the most moderate form of news and they do a good job of explaining things to people who may not be familiar with certain topics. I definitely think everyone should try to be as informed as possible, especially as you grow older! New episodes get released daily (hence the name of the show), so there is always something to listen to!


Diet Starts Tomorrow

DST was the very first podcast I started listening to when getting into the groove of things and let me tell you, I have been a devout follower for the past three years. Diet Start Tomorrow focuses on health and wellness in a more neutral/positive way. I have struggled a lot with body dysmorphia my whole life and this podcast has helped with that so much while offering a funny side of diet culture and how ridiculous it really is. Diet Starts Tomorrow is a part of Betches Media which also features a ton of other podcasts that are so easy to become obsessed with. I love Betches and just really respect their business and the content they produce. Diet Starts Tomorrow episodes come out every Thursday and Sunday and range in length from 30 minutes to an hour and a half.


Ilysm by Kenzie Elizabeth

This is probably one of the newer podcasts that I started listening to but I still love it all the same. ILYSM is a podcast by Kenzie Elizabeth who got started on social media through YouTube. Her podcast is primarily about navigating life in your 20's which is exactly where I am at right now. She brings on different guest to discuss different topics such as mental health, building friendships and dating, and even solo episodes where she gives you life updates of her own. There is something very cathartic about following along to someone else's life. I don't know what it is but every time I listen to an episode it feels like I am talking to a friend! She releases new episodes every Thursday!


Freckled Foodie and Friends

This is another podcast that I have been listening to since the beginning of my podcast journey- so much that I have bought both rounds of merch drops. Freckled Foodie and Friends is a podcast run by Cameron Rogers, a mother, wife, ice-cream lover, former finance pro turned influencer. Her podcast focuses on making healthy living approachable- that means physical and mental health. This girl is as authentic as it gets and that is what I love most about her. She is so relatable, resourceful, and real. I know you will love her podcast as much as I do- she posts new episodes every Wednesday!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top