From Stiletto to Sneaker





I think we can all agree that "street style" has taken over the fashion world. A lot of rising designers have become more casual. It is a little ironic to me because the luxurious, elevated fashion world that was made up of ballgowns and cashmere sweaters now is revolving around hoodies and graphic tees. Obviously, there are the beautiful Oscar De La Renta gowns and Manolo Blahniks out there (which don't get me wrong, are my go to if I ever coped the invited to a red carpet event), but the rise of Off-White, KITH, Supreme are undeniable. My favorite part of all of the street style craze is the evolution of the sneaker game. Part of this is because I love shoes more than I love anything in the world, but the transition from the gym to the runway is iconic.

How to Style Sneakers for 2019, According to Celebs - Brit + Co
Image from Brit+ Co

There are so many different types of sneakers too. You can be comfy, sporty, classic, or fashion-forward. There are the retro sneakers seen from Nike's "Daybreak" and Isabel Marant's leather sneakers. There are the chunky fashion sneakers seen from Balenciaga and Gucci. There are the white everyday sneakers seen from Adias "Original" design, and Alexander McQueen's "suede-trimmed leather and elevated sole" design. There are the classic sportswear sneakers seen from Nike and New Balance. And lastly, there are the iconic collaborations from designers like Gucci and Disney, Adidas and Alexander Wang. Sneakers are the easiest way to make our closets more versatile and now, new designs and adaptations are coming out every season.

With all of this commentary, I wanted to show you guys some of my Wish List sneaker items and what I would style with each pair of shoes. I hope you all enjoy and get a little inspiration for styling the new norm!

1. Golden Goose High Tops
While this brand is very controversial, I am obsessed with them. I love the statement they make and how "out there" they are. I think they are a fun and (ironically) tame way to add glitter to your outfit. This pair of shoes I want are so fun because of the giraffe print- one of the most slept on animal prints. Since they are such a statement and usually the focal point of the outfit, there are so many ways to style an outfit with these. I would either go "Casual Chic" with a pair of dark distressed jeans and a plain white tee with a leather jacket. You could go for a "Modern Mix", pairing these shoes with a a sundress or a midi skirt and a graphic tee. These shoes have so much hype around them and I am one of those contributors! NO SHAME!!  P.S A little life hack to getting these shoes at a cheaper price is to check the kids boys sizes!
Golden Goose Slide Giraffe-Print Glittered High-Top Sneakers
Golden Goose Slide Giraffe-Print Glittered High-Top Sneakers

2. Off- White Low Tops
I don't know what it is about this brand's shoes but I really like how they look like other brands, but with a twist. I like Off-White sneakers specifically because they are more neutral but still embrace the street style vibe. Ideally, I would style this outfit with an all black sweat set and a baggy jean jacket on top to create a more urban monochromatic moment. I think these types of shoes are so easy to get the best of both worlds. 
Image 1 of Off-White 4.0 low-top sneakers
Off-White 4.0 Low Top Sneakers 

3. Alexander McQueen Leather Platform Sneakers


I will admit bias because Alexander McQueen is one of my favorite designers out there. However, I saw one of my coworkers from Saks wear this type of sneaker over the summer and I was obsessed with them. First of all, they look so comfortable with the platform and they also give a more elevated look to an "athleisure staple" with the iridescent backing on the leather sneaker. In general, all white sneakers are a huge trend with celebrities now and this also adds a little bit of personality to that trend. Since it is basically all white, you have a blank canvas to dress it however you want. I would probably style them either with a pair of straight cut medium wash jeans and a hot pink loose fitting sweater to roll with the brightness of the iridescence, or you could pair it with a pair of  black leather leggings with a graphic tee for a relaxed edgy look.
Iridescent Leather Platform Sneakers


4. Air Jordan 1 High Tops
A classic necessity when talking about sneakers. Jordans. Miley said it best "Js on my feet" and that's what I want. I like this pair because it is all the one color purple and they have a sheer finish which makes them look a lot more polished. If high school me looked at these shoes, she would have immediately turn around, but as my style has developed, I have learned to appreciate and experiment with new things while staying true to my core style. No matter what stage of life, I have always been drawn to color- whether it be a Lily Pulitzer skirt or a light pink leather jacket. These shoes are no different and styling solid colors are best done with patterns. I personally think that zebra print compliments lilac very well, so I would take a accent pieces like a belt or an arm cuff and let the rest of the outfit go all black and top it off with a leather purse and other silver metal jewelry. That was probably the most specific outfit idea I have in this whole post, but I just felt like I needed to fully explain my thought process. These shoes are dope and basically all of the sneakers I listed could be styled in a variety of ways. That is the beauty of street style- there are times when it is dressed up with a blazer and and other times where it is more relaxed with a flannel or graphic tee.

Air Jordan 1 Retro High Women's Shoe
Air Jordan 1 Retro High

Street style is proving that luxury can be relaxed and that comfort doesn't have to be boring. Going from stilettos to sneakers does not have to a downgrade if you don't let it.

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne




Related Articles:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top