Carrie Bradshaw's Yeses and Messes




Carrie Bradshaw. According to Urban Dictionary, she can be referred to as the stick figure with no soul. But to me, she is an icon with style only she can pull off. She lives my dream on Sex and the City, one of my favorite shows. With the overloading amount of time I have on my hands I recently picked up and finished the series (thanks to Amazon Prime) and I noticed that she has some outfits that are a yes in my book and some outfits that are a mess in my book, so today I am going to show you guys that list and explain why.

YESES
Reviews will go in the order of the rows from left to right
1. Moroccan Princess 
I love this look because it is simple and tasteful. Seen in the movie, Sex and the City 2, Carrie is wearing a peach, one-shoulder gown with a vintage turban and, her signature, Manolo Blaniks. The peach looks amazing on her and the turban shows that signature "Carrie Bradshaw boldness". 

2. What Are You Doing New Years
Seen in an emotional scene in the first Sex and the City movie, Carrie frantically rushes to see her friend, Miranda, to ring in the new year. Although it seems like a lot of mix and match, this outfit is ICONIC. The glitter baret with the pearls and the fur coat and the white booties is the epitome of glam. This is how want to look in my pajamas. 

3. Black Swan
 A twist on the LBD, this look is full on smoky. I love the shape of the dress and paired with the fur, it creates an elevated look all together. If you look carefully, you can see that she is wearing the same booties from the prior look. No shade Carrie, you still look amazing. 

4. Flower Power
This strip down, feminine look is so effortless. The lilac color looks amazing on her skin tone and her Dior purse ties it all together. Some people have varying opinions on the huge flower on her shoulder but I think it's just Carrie being Carrie. She is never tame in her fashion statements and it complements the outfit well. 
5. Green Goddess
The perfect spring look. I would literally wear this now if I had anywhere to go. The emerald green is such a flattering color and the belts creates a natural silhouette. Literally amazing. 
6. Posh Pastels
Another glamorous look I would wear today. Carrie always finds a way to make a tutu acceptable for any event or occasion. And of course by adding the cream blazer, she somehow makes it all polished and professional.
7. Flapper Fits
A night out on the town is the only way to give this outfit justice. It needs to be seen. The black, tight-fitting dress, finished off with the gold fringe detailing is unreal. Just like almost every outfit, Carrie pulls it off. 
8. It's a Man's World
Boss up Bradshaw. This look takes charge and exudes confidence. Carrie killed the pantsuit look with the pinch of pink and a necktie to polish off the finishes. 

9. Uptown Girl 
Similar to the previous look, Carrie looks like a take charge lady. I love the professional neutrals topped off with the lilac coat. I think this look is very class, respectable, but still flattering. The lines and overall silhouette is very complementary. 

10. A Carrie Bradshaw Signature
Another ICONIC look, seen from the Sex and the City Movie. This is by far my favorite look because it is so young and fun. She is completely herself in this look and is so happy. I will forever support the Carrie Bradshaw Tutu Movement. 


MESSES

Reviews will go in the order of the rows from left to right
1. Crochet Cowboy
What is the point of the shawl? It isn't keeping her warm; it isn't a complementing color. It looks horrible with the bandanna top and just adds a confusing element to it all. 

2. Fedora Fail
I think Carrie was trying to do too many things at once in this look. She has the fedora, the ribbed tank top, a wide leg jean and wedges. 
3. Shredded Shambles
The shirt is shredded. I looks like it was it was attacked by a dog. Just not my thing.

4. Bermuda and Bandannas
To be honest, this look just confuses me. Shes wearing an over-sized tank, Bermuda shorts, a bandanna on her head, and black heels. I know that she is known for the unpredictable, but this was just too many conflicting looks. 

5. Shapeless Slips
The biggest problem I have with this outfit is that there is not shape. You don't know where the tank stops and the skirt (assuming by the color blocking there is one) begins. Carrie has such an easy physicality to pull off anything and this look just doesn't do her justice.

6. Newsies Cast Call
Not much I can really say about this look except for the fact that she looks like she could be an extra in the cast of Newsies. I also just hate the tie around her neck. I looks very bizarre and just plain ugly.

7. Missed Mix and Match
In this picture she looks like she is brainstorming which makes sense because looks like she works for a Newpaper in the 50s. The hat with the gross brown sweater just make for an unfortunate ensemble. For a girl who thrives on color and sass, this outfit is severely lacking both.

8. Tummy Belt
I am sorry but this belt is not doing anything for the outfits except raising a lot of questions. The saying "when in doubt add a belt" does not need to be applied in all circumstances. 

9. Grandma's Couch Cover and Friends
Again, I just don't like the prints she uses. I feel that the skirt and the top could not be anymore and in this case, opposites do not attract at all. The skirt looks like something I would find on my grandmother's couch and the top looks like something from Justice, finished off with the fur just makes it worse. 

10. Animal Safari
While this is not the worst look of them all, I just think it is exposing a lot with too many different patterns. Obviously it was a different time, but I think there is a line that Carrie likes to play with and sometimes crosses. This just happens to be one of those times.

I love Carrie Bradshaw and love watching her outfits throughout the series, but some of them just are not my style.

Stay UNIQUE, 
Sara Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top