Fashion Trends to Look Forward to Post COVID-19

Hey Everyone!

I am now making my third return to this blog (its all about the rebranding). I have decided that I am a college graduate and want to truly commit to establishing myself in the fashion industry and part of that is creating a portfolio of work for myself that I feel shows my perspective. Obviously, becoming an influencer would be dope, but I honestly just want to create content that I like and post it out on the Internet for people to see. If people like it, cool- if not, cool. This is basically an electronic stream of opinions and commentary. With that being said, it is no lie that COVID-19 and self-quaranting has got me left with a lot of creative juices trapped in my head, so this blog will also help me have an outlet while still following the guidelines of ~social distancing~ (which by the way is very very important to be doing and if you are not, just know that you are a part of the problem of the spread of this disease and are not doing your part to make this go away). Being trapped in my family's house definitely is not ideal and at times I feel myself going crazy living with five other people, ages ranging from 12 to 51. But, as corny as it seems, tapping into my passion for the fashion industry during this time has been my one mental escape from it all. Whether it be reading a book (which I literally have not done since elementary school) about my favorite designer, making collages from fashion magazines or following social media pages- it has been my one leg to lean on. You get the gist. Anyways, this post is basically to give you something to look forward to post COVID-19: new fashion trends!!! Just a quick disclaimer- if you haven't already noticed, I am not a professional. These are literally all of my research- supported predictions and opinions of things happening in Spring/Summer 2020, but I hope you guys still enjoy it all and if these predictions come true, just remember ya girl Sara Anne!



Spring 2020 Trends to Look Forward to

1. All White Everything

Honestly, I love this look because I think all white is very clean and chic. My first thought goes to the classy all white summer parties in the Hamptons. A quick way to feeling and looking elevated is following this trends.I think a lot of people are scared of this trend because they might think it will look boring without any pop of color, but that is where the utilization of textures come into play. We all have no problem wearing all black when getting ready for a night out on the town, why not do all white for a day time look? Also, with it getting warmer, white is naturally a better color to wear because it reflects the sun creating a more cool temperature in general.
Image from Harper's Bazaar
Gabriela Hearst, Off-White, Valentino, Victoria Beckham, Tom Ford, Ralph & Russo, Pyer Moss


2. Colorful Leathers
Obviously, leather goods have been around for a hot second, but with the new season comes variations of this classic. Whether they are real or faux leather pieces- from skirts to jackets- this trend has transitioned from statement to staple. Colors ranging from soft pastels to natural neutrals are found across the retailing spectrum. This trend is also beautiful because you can easily opt to find pieces that are environmentally friendly and made ethically. Don't let the connotation of "leather" intimidate you because you can pair this textile with florals to soften the look or make an edgy statement with mixed-metaled accessories and platform booties. This trend sets a canvas for the consumer to create whatever aesthetic they desire while maintaining the trend's popularity.
Image from BBC
Rochas, Coach, Marni, Louis Vuitton


3. Little House on the Prairie 2
A softer, feminine look coming in with this trend. The modesty of this trend allows for a relaxed look and feel that can easily be paired with neutral accessories. This comfortable look can be accomplished through features such as high necks, long lengths, and billowy sleeves. A big influence over this trend would probably be from Greta Gerwig's Little Women adaptation. The floral lace and delicate, Victorian finishing add new textures to experiment with. This already fits into my fashion aesthetic, so I am very excited to see this trend take off.
Image from Hola!
Deveaux, Khaite and Tory Burch



4. Puffed Sleeves
History repeats itself all the time in fashion and this Spring/Summer 2020 trend is no different. Whether all of the action is on the top of your shoulder or featured all down your arm, this trend is bold, fun, and perfect for the spring. This trend can actually be a slimming look, bringing all of the visual attention the top part of your body, giving the look of a smaller waist and creating a modern silhouette . My best styling tip for this trend is to let the top do the talking. This look is a statement in itself, so it would be best paired with a straight cut skirt, or a pair of denim shorts and wedges. While this does seem like a "0 to 100" trend, the different adaptations of this look can be accommodating to those who may be intimidated by this trend. 

Image from WWD
 Sachin & Babi , Mara Hoffman, Khaite and Brock Collection

5. Resort is the New Floral
Whenever you think of spring time, you think of floral prints and patterns. Well, come Spring 2020, resort patterns will become the new normal. A lot more greener- palm leaves, exotic flowers, fruits. Designs have become "one with nature", so whether you are going to the Bahamas or chilling in your city, this trend will give you the look like you are on the vacation of a life time. Different items come out of this print such as matching sets, sundresses, and wick accessories. JLo set the stage with her Versace dress and now it is our turn to join in the fun!
Image from WWD
 Jason Wu, Marc Jacobs, Jason Wu Collection, Badgley Mischka

This is a very uncertain time for everyone, especially those in the fashion industry. I hope that everyone is able to stay safe and healthy with all the toilet paper that you NEED (not want). Hopefully when this is all said and done, we will be able to take part in these trends and put our DIY tie dye sweatpants in a box far far away. In the future I am hoping to post every Monday and Wednesday (because what else am I going to be doing) Until next time....

Stay UNIQUE, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top