Pink and Leather with Jewels all Over





Happy Wednesday Party People!!

With the days starting and ending in sweatpants and pajama sets, its nice to be able to dress up and actually feel like a human. Trust me, I am all about comfort and simple lounge-wear, but there is something different about dressing up after a month of nothing. This past Sunday was Easter and as a member in a Christian family, it is a nice day to celebrate with family and reflect on the blessings we have been given from the Lord. It is also a holiday that we try to look especially nice with pastels, and florals. Usually we have a huge family lunch with the traditional ham, green bean casserole, potato salad, all of the things. Since we are in quarantine, it was just the six of us and I wanted to challenge my family to continue with the efforts of looking like actual people to have a sense of normalcy. I know I am now getting off into a tangent, so back to the point of this post- MY OUTFIT.

Image preview

Obviously, since I am living at home with a suitcase of what was meant to last two and a half weeks, options are limited, but I didn't want to let that stop me. I worked with as much as I could and put together that was basically as good as it was going to get, but I actually ended up really liking it in the end. On the top, I have a hot pink, fuzzy sweater form Old Navy and paired it with my soft pink leather jacket from ZARA. My sweater is in a size large because I like have a more "oversized" feel with my sweaters (even though it doesn't always give the most flattering look in pictures). As for my pink leather jacket, that has become a staple in my wardrobe and probably one of my most over-worn jacket, but it just pairs with things so well.  I like this top combination because it gives a brief monochromatic look with the different shades of pink. I also like the contrast between the hot pink fuzzy and the soft pink leather because it makes the look more balanced out.

Image preview

As for jeans, I am still rocking my Hollister skinny jeans form high school. I would like to make a quick note and say that I know I try to present myself as a "fashion guru" while still wearing Hollister jeans and Old Navy sweaters, but this is just my real life and balling on a budget is a thing. I do have nice clothes and pieces but just don't have it as a part of my daily life. Again, I am getting sidetracked, so back to the rest of my outfits. My booties are my staple brown Steven Madden which is another item that definitely in need of being upgraded.

Moving to my accessories. I love all of my accessories in this outfit and tried to add touches of pink with also incorporating my day-to-day jewelry in. My earrings are multi-colored mini hoops from Free People and these are the most beautiful earrings I have ever gotten from Free People because I think they are so elegant and petite. My rings are my class ring from USC, two gold stackable rings that I got from a vendor in Chelsea Market in New York, and a statement ring with a pink gem that I found in my closet. I like that it offers another dimension of pink to the outfit with another texture. Also, I know my nails are chipped. I am the person that gets her nails done on a semi regular basis and whenever I try to paint my own nails, it always looks rachet. I will literally kiss the ground my nail technician walks on after this thing is done. Moving on. My bracelets are from David Yurman and they are my favorite investments because they literally go with everything I wear and look so classy.
Image preview

This was one of the only times I have been able to feel like an actual human being with doing my hair and make up and putting on an actual outfit. I hope that you all are able to find little ways to create a feeling of normalcy among all of this chaos!!

Image preview

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top