A Day in Sara Anne's Life: Updated

 



Hey Everyone!


Times are changing and the life I had immediately after post-grad started is not the life I live now, so I thought I would give you guys an updated version. I know that most of you reading this may not even care, but I have always loved writing and reading these things because I feel like it gives you more of an inside scoop. So, I hope you all enjoy!
***

DAY STARTS AT 6:35AM
Now I know this may sound crazy and I am not a full on morning person either, but I do realize that morning have the power to shape the rest of your day and I value the time in the morning because it is one of the only times in the day that I can fully invest in myself. I start with journaling in my 5-Minute Journal and that gives me the perfect place to practice some gratitude and also realized what I can do to make my day even better. I also always make my bed because I am a big believer that you can have the worst day in the world and at least you made your bed. Also, I just think it makes your room look clean no matter what the rest of it looks like. 

7:15AM: JABS Workout Class
I have loved taking Jabs classes because it offers a great workout and a place for me to be encouraged and pushed no matter how my life looks at the moments. Jabs has given me a sense of consistency and I always make a point to include it in my life almost everyday. 

8:15AM: Shower/ Skin Care
Again, another thing I do for consistency and for purpose of ensuring my skin stay clear and happy. Hygiene is always important and I have finally found a routine that has helped my skin look better than it has in years. I first use the the Glossier Milky Face Wash, followed by the some micellar water. Then top it all off with some of Glossier's Super Pure Serum and the Goop Matte Sunscreen. 

8:30AM: Breakfast
I know it seems to be a quick turn around, but it is simply because I don't need to do my make up or hair and I have nailed down the five minute shower technique during the weeks. Usually for breakfast I have either have oatmeal with berries or avocado toast. 

8:45AM: Leave for Work 
The family I work for lives pretty close to me, so if I leave at this time I can either sit in my care for ten minutes of quite or treat myself to coffee.

9AM-6PM: Nannying
I have been nannying for a family this fall and am lucky because they're doing virtual schooling, so while they're in class I usually apply to jobs or work on this blog. After they are done with their schoolwork then I play with them until their parents come home from work. I am really lucky because it is a COVID-safe job and it is a family I used to work for a couple summers when I was in college. I am thankful for the income and the option to be able to be productive throughout the day. It is long days, but it is still something.

6:15PM: Come Home and Pour A Glass of Wine
I have always loved the having a drink with my dad after our days of work. Even though our days look completely different, we still have a nice drink and chill out

7PM: Dinner
Now, just as a disclaimer, this is not a consistent time for dinner, but a goal. 

8PM: Whatever Show is On
Mondays, it is the Voice. Tuesdays, it is The Bachelorette. Wednesdays, it is probably the Masked Singer. Some days I also just watch Netflix. I just started Gilmore Girls and am OBSESSED. I love being able to just wind down with some mindless TV to relax. 

10PM: Skin Care and TIKTOK
I like to get ready for bed early because I do wake up so early in the morning. I also, similar to my morning appreciate the time I have to myself at night and reflect that in my long wind down before bed. I usually wash my face and pat on some micellar water, along with brushing my teeth, pop in my melatonin and then I will go on TikTok for like an hour before I go to bed. I know a lot of people say to never use your phone before bed, but I can't help it. My friends and I send funny videos to each other all the time and it is something that makes me happy. I still am able to fall asleep just fine, so I feel that it is a low risk compromise I could be engaged with. 

10:35PM: Go To Bed
This is always the goal time however, by the time I am done with social media it is usually between 10:45 and 11. I try my best and sometimes I go to sleep on time, sometimes a little later. That's just life.

***
I hope you all enjoyed this glimpse into my day-to-day. For a long time I was ashamed of not having a standard 9-5 post-grad job and this definitely not what I have envisioned my life looking like at all, but it is what was in the cards, so I am learning to make the best of it all! I hope that if you are not set in the exact career you had planned for yourself that you don't feel as alone seeing this! The most important thing I have learned from this year is that you need to find people and things to do that make you happy and focus on that when everything else is thrown into the dumpster fire we all call life!

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne









No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top