Sara Anne's Recap on 2020 Fall Trends


Hello Everyone!


WE ARE BACK WITH A FASHION RELATED POST! FINALLY!! I am so excited about this post because I love doing trend recaps. I also just love fall, so a fall trend recap is right up my alley. I also do realize that it is now the middle of October so, I am a little late, but Fashion Week just ended a week or so ago so it isn't that bad. Honestly these are definitely some of my favorite fashion trends yet. Part of the reason I like them so much is because they push me out of my comfort zone a little bit, but that is how I am able to see that my fashion taste is evolving (small wins!!!). I also love these trends because they are different fits in clothing than what we are used to (and I'll more into that with each trend!). I hope you all enjoy this post and hopefully the many more to come as I get my groove back !!!

***

Sweater Vests

Sweater vests are the newest addition to "Sweater Weather". Giving you a vintage feel, this look can be best paired with either a tennis skirt and a white tee underneath or a pair of boyfriend jeans and a loose oxford button up. These also make layering so easy because you won't have to worry about the thick sleeves of an actual sweater! The thing I love most about the sweater vests is that, for the most part, it is a very sustainable find. You can pretty much go to any thrift store and head to the men's section to find a couple options. Also there are no "rules" with this trend about pattern, fit, or pairings. I love when trends are direct enough that you know how to style it, but also free enough to add your personal touch to it. I personally found some on Poshmark and will be styling and featuring them soon on my Instagram page!!


Knee High Boots

A couple years ago, the over the knee look was all the rage, but now, we have cut it down a little and I am honestly in more favor for it!  I feel like this look is a little more retro which is definitely an all around mood of this year's fashion collection. The knee high boots are extremely versatile and come in different patterns, colors- you could literally buy costume GoGo boots from Amazon. They are also equally as versatile when it comes to styling. You could pair these boots with a short or long skirt, leather leggings, or whatever jeans your heart desires. I actually just got the cutest pair of snake skin knee high Steve Madden boots from Nordstrom Rack and am amped to style them for you all!


Mixed Leathers

Going off of the retro vibes, we have mixed leather. Now, you could literally take this in any direction you wanted. Mixed meaning multiple colors of leather pieces or mixed meaning leather jackets, leather skirts and leather trousers. The options are endless (spoiler alert: in fashion there are always endless possibilities).  I have a light pink leather jacket from Zara that is practically my overworn go-to in the winter, but I want to get my hands on a leather button up or wide legged trousers because I really feel that it could a fun moment outside of my comfort zone and traditional style. Leathers give you a great way to experiment because they fit into any type of style you have or want to try. Pinterest is always my go to for outfit inspiration if you need ideas and I definitely have some saved on my account if you want to check it out here!


Small Rectangle or Baguette Bags

I love when accessories have their moments in trend recaps and just had to add this because if you don't know about it, you need to.  These small bags are bigger than a clutch but smaller than a tote. They are sass in a bag and the perfect bit of extra to add to an outfit ( as an accessory should serve to do for your look). Pretty much every influencer knows how to rock these and, like the general theme of this post, give very early 2000s vibes- not necessarily retro but you get the idea. These bags add an accent to any ensemble that you throw together and also come in various different forms stemming from leather to snakeskin to metallic to basic shade. You will be able to find one that fits exactly what you are looking for. 


Jeweled Tones

Obviously people wear darker tones in the fall just like how people commonly wear florals in the spring. However, rather than sticking to solely tans, greys, and navys, this fall we are going for jewels (which to me just sounds more extravagant!). I'm talking sapphire, emerald, amethyst, and ruby. Go crazy with these colors. You can pair them with a lighter shade as a contrast or with each other. I love trends like this because I am able to go and add some more color to my closet. I also love this trend because I am able to go just a little more than the usual expectation for the season. You can find these tones in the accessories you wear, the pants you decide to put on, or the tops you pick out for the day. Just like a lot of trends mentioned today, the options are endless! Whatever makes you feel confident and stylish- GO FOR IT!!

***

What was your favorite trend of the season?

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top