10 NYC RESTAURANTS I HAVE BEEN OBSESSED WITH




Hey Everyone!  

I have been eating my way around the city, in every neighborhood, every type of cuisine. Today I will be sharing my top ten favorite picks. Of course, as time goes on this list is subject to change, but for now this it what I sticking to! If you ever find yourself in the city, these places have a Sara Anne Star (way more impressive than a Michelin). 

Disclaimer: These restaurants/ cafes are in no ranking specific order.

Enjoy!

***




1. American Bar

The vibes, the food, the celebrity spotting. This place has it all. A moderately priced restaurant with big portions. The Cosmos and Apple Martinis are my go to drinks. The pigs in a blankets with the spicy mustard are the perfect opening to your night. Everyone from Bachelorette contestants, TV actors, and your favorite Instagram Influencer will be spotted. Located in the West Village, aka my favorite place ever, this is a most go!



2. Ruby's

I have probably been here six times since moving here- partly because it is two blocks from my apartment and partly because they have the best fries and aioli ever. Another top choice is their watermelon drink (yes, it is literally called the Watermelon Drink). This Aussie- inspired restaurant is known for their bowls, and aesthetic. A perfect date night spot or casual lunch, try out any of their three locations!


3. Bond St.

This is one of my favorite sushi places in the city! Located in the heart of SoHo, this spot is very chic and modern. As a warning, this place is on the expensive side of things, but good sushi is always worth it. Whether you want a basic California roll or a fancy Rainbow roll ( if you know anything fancier than that, please let me know), it is all good! The service is great, the environment is fun, and the food is awesome- what more do you need?



4. Levain

Let me tell you- when a place has a good oatmeal raisin cookie, you know it is a good spot. I am not the type who likes having a ton of chocolate in their desserts, and this place has a ton of options. There are breads, cookies, and coffee. The cookies are huge and baked fresh everyday! I found this place a couple years ago and have been obsessed ever since. 



5. Serifina

Lately when I go to an Italian restaurant I have been VIBING with the spicy vodka sauce and this place has one of the best. When my roommate and I went for the first time, we split a bottle of red wine, a caesar salad, and ordered our own entrees. I love the Meatpacking, West Village area, so obviously the ambience was so great. It is a very commercial place but sometimes the commercials places live up to their hype!



6. Citizen's of Gramercy

The best chai latte to date. This Aussie spot is the best brunch place for a rainy day. I am more of a savory breakfast gal and their breakfast bowl is amazing and the eggs benny- even better. Whether you are dining alone or with friends, this place has such a welcoming environment!




7. Jack's Wife Freda 

Places that can do both brunch and dinner equally as well, are automatically top rated, which brings me to Jack's Wife Freda. A self-described "lively all-day bistro executing American-Mediterranean cuisine", this spot has food so fresh, you can taste the difference. Whether you are in the mood for sweet or savory breakfast, a chicken kebab for lunch, or a nice cocktail after work, you will not be disappointed by any of it! My favorite thing about this place is how colorful it is- the food, the decor, and the little post cards they give you attached to your receipts!



8. Ess-A-Bagel

It is clear that New York is known for their bagels, but once you come here there is a bagel store on every block, so how do you know which one is the best? Well, here I am to save the day. Ess-A- Freaking- Bagel. This place is the best. There are three locations in the city, so there is no excuse not to go. With a ton of cream cheese options, there is something for everyone. But, my favorite thing is their BLT. This sandwich has avocado, tomato, lettuce, and bacon - and there bacon is CRISP. Get it on an Everything Bagel and you are set for the best thing to ever put in your mouth!


9. Joe and the Juice

My new pre-work ritual (only on days that are going to be long) is getting the Green Prince at the location next to my office. Joe and the Juice is amazing for clean eats. If you want energy booster, detox greens, or just overall nutrients, this is the spot for you!



10. Malibu Farm 

We love Farm-to -Table restaurants here and this place did not disappoint. I very vegan-friendly spot in Seaport, I got the tofu curry and espresso martini ( classic). It was amazing! The views, the decor, and the vibes. I will definitely be back!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top