5 Winter Micro-Trends to Keep an Eye on


 


Hey Friends!


Style Watch Dog- Sara Anne is back with another trend report, but today we are talking about micro trends. The biggest difference between trends and micro-trends is micro-trends tend to target a more niche audience and are more short-lived. Think about something lasting a month, rather than a whole season. However, things that start as micro-trends can snowball into seasonal trends. 


Today, I am going to show you all some of my favorite micro-trends I have seen over the past couple weeks and how you can incorporate them into your day-to-day ensembles!

***

1. Puffer Vests

Now I have been a loyalist to the puffer vests since like the fourth grade- shoutout The Gap and Old Navy for keeping me warm on those morning winter bus rides to Elementary School. Now the Puffer Vest has gotten a new and improved approach to it by over exaggerated look to it by adding oversized puffiness or by using different materials such as leather or shearling- as opposed to the classic polyester and fleece. The good thing about this trend is that there are many ways to create an affordable look and use colors that can be incorporated into your closet seamlessly! You can easily dress this up by pairing with a button-up and a pair of slacks and booties or dress it more casually with boyfriend jeans and a sweater with sneakers!


2. Thick Printed Scarves

Another basic winter piece updated over time. Think bright colored plaid, muted animal print, and neutral solids. I love cozy winter clothes so I am all for this update. It is crazy that the weather is already getting cold enough to wear this stuff but I am all for it! With scarves, there is so much less pressure in how you style them. Just do whatever makes you feel warm and confident!


3. Neutral Knitted Quarter Zips

Another trend I was especially hip to during my preppy phase of High School. These sweaters don't have to be a full on half zip, but something that mimics a V-Neck. The fashion industry has truly split into minimalist and maximalist. You decided which basket you want to place your order in. This micro-trend is very workplace friendly!


4. Ear Muffs

We are bringing back all of the classics this season and ear muffs made the cut! Think of them as a winter headband. A hair accessory that will also keep you warm. This is yet another trend that you can fit into your wardrobe by making it a statement or playing it low key with the basics! I am so excited I just got a pair of fuzzy purple ones from Amazon and they are perfect for a pop of color!


5. Cargo Pants

This is something I don't 100% seeing myself doing, but I can still appreciate it. I noticed a lot of places like Aritzia, and other modern brands adding cargo-like features to their popular items. I think I could get behind a white pair of cargo pants because then it is like a blank slate.


***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top