RESTAURANT ROUND UP









 Hey Friends!


In honor of NYC Restaurant Week ( aka my favorite time in New York), combined with the fact that I have been living in New York for almost a year now- geez- I have decided to give you my Restaurant Round Up. Some of the restaurants are participating in Restaurant Week and some are just included because they are so good! Either way, you should definitely hit these places up if you live in the city or are planning your next trip! If you have any recommendations that you don't see here, feel free to DM me on Instagram ( @uniquely_sara_anne)!

***

1. American Bar

If you know me, you know the love I have for this place! It might be a basic, influencer go-to, but it is 100% worth the hype! I have gone here for my birthday, dinner with coworkers, dinner with friends, literally any occasion you need. It starts off strong by being located in the West Village ( my favorite NYC neighborhood), and the ambience feels very "quiet luxury". If you go, you have to start out with their Gin Apple Martini and the Pigs in a Blanket. There is something about the puff pastry that they use that makes those suckers to die for! Next, if you want to get the best bang for your buck, head to the salads. These serving sizes are literally huge, I have stretched the meal from dinner to lunch the next day and they are pretty inexpensive compared to their other entrees! My two favorite salads are the Chop Salads and the Chinese Chicken Salad. I've heard their other menu items are amazing too, I am just the type of person who orders the same thing every time I go somewhere. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! 



2. Ruby's

This is an easy choice for me because it is right in my backyard, but if you are looking for good truffle aioli, this is the place for you! This place has four locations across Manhattan and gives you Australian inspired cuisines. Their Watermelon drink which is literally called " The Watermelon Drink" is so good and refreshing. Again, I pretty much order any of their salad or bowls. This place also has pasta, burgers, and other entrees for your choosings, but there is always something for everyone! It also tastes so fresh and the service is pretty fast! The decor is cute, the food is banging, and the vibe is right- what else do you want?


3. A Pasta Bar

This place does outdoor dining right by giving you a whole tiny house with heaters and everything! Located in SoHo, A Pasta Bar is exactly what it sounds like, a place to go eat pasta. Usually when a restaurant focuses in on one thing it means they will be mastering it and that is exactly what happened here! I got their squid ink pasta which has become a new favorite of mine. A little more on the expensive side but well worth it for the food and the experience!


4. Restoration Hardware

I discovered this place last fall when my mom was in town and if you want to feel like a character on Gossip Girl, this is the place for you. Located in the Meatpacking District, this furniture store is topped off with the best restaurant! Each table is finished off with a chandelier and marble tables. No mater what you get you will not be disappointed, whether it be the lobster role, caesar salad, espresso, or cheese board! They dress their food to impress!



5. Clinton St. Baking Company

A new brunch spot to add to your list! This place is the cutest popular neighborhood spot. Located in the Lower East Side, Clinton St. gives off very dinner vibes- perfect for a snowy day! Known for their pancakes, but they really master any breakfast dish. When I went, I split an order of the blueberry pancakes for the table and then had the Latke Eggs Benedict! Both were insanely good! The syrup with the pancakes was brown sugar based which I loved and I usually don't like syrup. The Latke Benedict was your typical eggs, hollandaise sauce, but over a potato pancake and topped with caviar- all surprisingly affordable too! This February is their Pancake Month so they will be featuring different flavors of their pancakes everyday! I am definitely going to order a breakfast to go while I am still working from home!


6. Boucherie

A very basic spot, but definitely a hit! This French- inspired restaurant will give you a trip and a half. Spread out across their four locations, Boucherie has options to match your boujee blowout attitude. Of course when I visited I had to try the Cesar Salad and it left no crumbs- anchovies truly make the biggest difference! Also, being the red wine girl that I am, I can promise their Pinot Nior is perfection. Also known for their French Onion Soup, and Steak options, there is something for everyone. I got the Muscles and Fries and the white wine sauce just danced on my tongue! Sometimes if you're extra nice like we were, they will give you free dessert. Google reviews can go a long way......


7. Almond

It is like this restaurant was made for me! Farm to table food, jazz playing softly in the background, dimly lit at night? I'm all set! I literally just went there for the first time on Monday, but it has already made my list! My roommate and I went for Restaurant Week and were not disappointed at all!! If you want to go for a fancy girl's night or just a first date, this is the spot for you! 


8. Via Carrota

Another West Village staple, this place is the spot for Cacio E Pepe and the servings are just enough. Sometimes I have to prepare myself to eat pasta because it can be so overindulging, but this place knows exactly how much will keep you satisfied and waiting for the next time! Just a warning, their menu is in Italian, so shoot your shot at the pronunciations, but other than that, it is seamless! 


9. L'Adresse

My go-to spot for the best Aperol Spritzes- not only are they delish, but they give you a heavy pour. If you go during their Happy Hour, they are only $10! This place is another good spot for truffle fries and other appetizers! There are a few locations sprinkled over Manhattan and each spot gives you the same quality experience! They are also participating in Restaurant Week currently, so even more of a reason to check them out!


10. Pineapple Club

If you are looking for the best espresso martini in Manhattan, look no further than the Pineapple Club. If I am being honest, I don't love espresso martinis. I love the look of drinking martini's but I just don't love the taste of vodka, but that is not a problem at all with The Pineapple Club! Their espresso martini mix is literally so good, it's like drinking a spiked vanilla latte. In full transparency, I have only gone here for the espresso martinis. Literally I have not gotten anything else from this place, but I'm sure if their drinks are this good, their food has to be equal if not better!


***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top