Top Ten Things That Made Me Smile



 

Hello Friends!


This week was a really big week for me with starting my new full time job and figuring the ins and outs of what my new life is going to look like. (P.S. I am still figuring it all out and will definitely take more than a week to get myself straight) It was also a huge snow storm this week which has just been so unreal to watch because I am usually at school during this time of year! Anyways, I have my top ten things that made me smile this week for you all! Some things are bigger than others, but I have just found once you start appreciating the small stuff, you will feel overwhelmed when the big stuff comes along! 

Happy Friday and Enjoy!

***

Getting Through My First Week in My Job

Although the onboarding and all my meetings were virtual (obviously), I am so excited to be at my new job! Everyone is so nice and has made it clear that they are so willing to help me as I adjust to my new role! I can't wait to get going and just learning the business. Also once I move to New York, it will all feel so real! These are literally the things I would dream about doing when I was in high school and now it is my job!


All of My Packages I Received

With the Hangover Hoodies, the Freckled Foodie Merch, and my Anthropologie notebooks, I am so excited for all of my fun goodies. Especially because the merch and the hoodie I bough a month ago, so I have been waiting a hot second for them! All of the stuff I have ordered in the mail are found in my "MAIL" highlight on my Instagram.


Finishing My Book 

I finished the Girl with No Job book this past weekend (in 36 hours! A new record), but I was also reading Little Fires Everywhere and stopped to read the other book. I finally got to finish that book this week and just love the feeling of finishing a book! I have a couple books lined up to read next, so I am excited to get into those!


Watching the Snow Fall While I Am Working

It was snowing a lot at the beginning of the week and when I would be on my video calls, I could see the snow fall because my desk faced my windows in my bedroom! It was so pretty even though we got literally so much snow this week.


The Mediation Feature on the Peleton App

During the month of January, Peleton was offering a two month free trial, so I am doing that for right now. I have been trying it out for kicks, but I found there meditation feature and I have been trying to practice more mindfulness this year. Usually, it is really hard for me to focus on breathing exercises, but this was guided meditation and for some reason it worked really well for me. I am going to try to utilize this as much as I can!


Being Able to Enjoy a Glass of Wine

Now that Dry January is over, I am so thankful to have my glass of rose at the end of a workday! I don't want you all to think I am just bingeing alcohol. I have only had one drink whenever I do drink, but it is just nice to enjoy it! I will be doing a recap of my experience with Dry January that will be posted next week, so be on the look out for that! For right now, I will be drinking my wine and watching my trash TV!


Finding the Magic in the Make Up Eraser Towels

I got a pack of Make Up Eraser Towels for Christmas and I haven't had a reason to use them because I don't use make up that much, but this week I used one, one day after work and it was amazing! It worked so well and my skin did not react to it! It is a more sustainable way to remove the make up from your face because you can just throw the towels in the wash and reuse them! These will definitely be the next new staple for me!


Limiting my Screen Time

With working and adjusting to a new company, I really do not go on my phone that much during the day and it feel pretty good. I don't really miss it that much either. I am pretty shocked with my will power, but I think it is also because my job is now my top priority! We will see how long this lasts. 


Finding Podcasts that Work for Me

This week I really utilized podcasts for the things that I wanted to grow in whether that be, post-grad advice, managing money, and intuitive eating! I usually post the podcasts that I listen to on my Instagram stories, so keep an eye out for those!


Being Able to Plan and Prepare My Posts for this Week

I wanted to make sure I was able to balance this blog with my job because I feel like I will have a lot of stuff to tell you guys! I am testing out three posts a week this month and am hoping it will work out moving forward. I am very proud of my dedication to this blog and all of the support I have received from you guys here and on my Instagram! You guys rock!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top