February Favorites


 

Hey Everyone!


I feel like this month has been crazy and it is the shortest one of the year! With starting a new job and onboarding from home, coordinating a move to my dream city, and anything else life has to offer, I am definitely going through a learning curve. I know things take time and I am not expected to have everything down in order and I remind myself that everyday. Being in your 20's is a crazy thing because some people are buying a house, some people are getting married, and some people are starting new jobs. Everyone is truly on their own life track and the biggest thing I have learned this month is I cannot measure my life using someone else's timeline. I have to trust what is right for me and reassure that I create my own definition of success. I digress. Today is not even supposed to be a sappy post, I just wanted to tell you guys what was going on in my mind. What I really want to show you guys is what has gotten me through the month! 

Enjoy!

***

Listening

To be honest, I have listening to the same things over and over, but I have noticed that the one album I go to for some background noise is FOUR by One Direction. That album is literally stacked with some of the classic 1D bangers: 18, Night Changes, Fireproof, Fool's Gold. I don't know if it is the comfort from my childhood or what, but it always puts me in a good mood and relaxes me at work. 

In honor of the #FreeBritney documentary on Hulu, I have been listening to some of her stuff and you just don't realize how many songs she has released that are just so iconic. All of her songs remind me of some point in my life when I was growing up and the documentary was also insane, so I definitely recommend watching it!!

The last thing I wanted to highlight for the month is probably a carry over, but it is The Morning Toast. I have also been listening to a lot of podcasts at work, just to occupy a certain part of my brain while I do things. The Morning Toast always makes me laugh because obviously Claudia and Jackie are funny, but it also reminds me of my banter with my sisters. I also am able to stay up to date with the pop culture news for the day! It is the best of both worlds. They also do Bravo recaps which I find interesting because I love talking about the shows I watch and they offer their perspectives on shows like The Bachelor, Real Housewives, and Southern Charm!

Wearing

I got a couple new clothing products this month and honestly all of them could be listed as my favorites for the month, but these three items are definitely what I wore the most!

 To start off, Hangover Hoodies! I got my sweatshirt on the first day of the month and can confidently say I wore it for at least half of the month. It is so comfortable and makes me feel a little better about wearing sweats while I work! I also love the story of their business: graduating college in the start of the pandemic, wanting to create something to toast to all of the fun times they shared!

Working on a computer all day, my blue light glasses have been my saving grace. I got my glasses from Amazon in a pack of two and they were very inexpensive. There are a ton of cute designs, and shapes- perfect for whatever style you are looking for! I can actually tell a difference in the amount of headaches and eye strain when I where them versus when I don't. If you are constantly working on your computer, especially Excel, I would declare these a necessity!

I have taken a break from my default Target pearls and recently gave myself an upgrade! I got some gold hoops from Anthropologie and the hoops came in a pack of three. The ones I am wearing the most are a more rectangular shaped mini hoop earring. I think these are so cute and a unique take on the common mini gold hoop trend. I personally have always loved gold jewelry because I think gold looks best on me, so I am excited to finally graduate from my ten year old five dollar pearls.  

Beauty

Now that I am working, there are days where I have to put on make up for the meetings I have to turn my camera on. I have been trying to find the best and sustainable way to take off my make up, but also not irritate my skin and I found it. The Make Up Remover Towels!! I got a pack of these for Christmas from Sephora and all you do is wet it and wipe off the make up as you would with any make up wipe. The first time I used this thing, I was shocked and my skin was perfectly fine after use. I always wash my face after taking off my make up just to be safe too. The best part is these are reusable. Once you are done you can just through them in the wash with your other towels and use them the next week. Also, you don't have to keep buying more wipes. All in all, it's an amazing purchase!

I definitely think I have talked about this product in past favorites, but it truly is an iconic product. The Goop Matte Sunscreen  is my go to for finishing up my skincare routine with a little SPF and also because it is slightly tinted, I am able to get a little coverage out of it too! It has really helped keep my skin calm and protected from the blue light in all of my monitors!!

Over the holiday season, my manager from Free People got us all L'Occataine Hand Lotions because it was so cold, all of out hands were cracking. I still use this lotion and have been using it a lot in February because my room it literally freezing and my hands get so dry! It is just the original hand cream which I like because sometimes you just want an unscented, simple product to get the job done!

Doing 

With a lot of anxiety swirling around, I have realized the value of meditation and breathe work. I downloaded the Peloton app onto my phone because I wanted to switch up my workouts, but I actually have been using the meditation and yoga classes the most. I do a 5-10 minute meditation in the morning and then I try to do yoga at least once a day or three times a week. I have noticed, specifically with the meditation, that I am able to start my days more calm and maintain that level of peace throughout the day longer than days that I do not do anything. Even when I am getting caught up with work I will stop and do some of their breathing exercises and it really does help. I have never been that much of a yoga person, and definitely not a mediation person, but now it is a part of my daily routine.  

After finally finishing my Gilmore Girl four month marathon, I have switch to another niche: the royal. I have always loved the English monarchy because who didn't think of themselves as a princess growing up? I do realize that monarchy today is absolutely nothing like the type in my five year old imagination, but it still fascinates me nonetheless. I binged Bridgerton on Netflix in literally 24 hours and really like how bright and colorful everything was. I also really appreciated how there were a lot of subplots within the overarching story line. After finishing that, I have now transitioned to The Crown. I personally want to watch it in chronological order but truly, I cannot wait until I get to Princess Diana's season. I love her so much and she is such an icon to me!

Obviously starting my job has been the biggest thing taking up my time during the days and of course I am so thankful for the fact that I have a job now, and that I am able to move to NY- something I have always dreamed of doing. With all of this change I am still learning how to manage my time between working a corporate job, my personal fitness, watching any shows I want to watch, keeping up with friends, and of course, this blog. I appreciate all of your patience and support during this crazy time and want to still dedicate this blog to you guys because it has brought me so much joy through so much uncertainty. 

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top