Sara Anne's Top 5 Favorite Recipes for Work Lunches




I have always liked cooking but I have also always been pretty elementary at it. Personally, I would rather bring my lunch to work than spend $15 everyday on a basic salad, but I don't my lunches to be boring and I don't want them to be too complex. Today I am going to share some of my top 5 favorite lunch recipes to make for the office or work from home. Let me know what your favorite recipes are!

***

Chickpea Salad

This is perfect for people who are vegetarian or vegan, plus it is so easy! Basically you mix all of the ingredient listed below together and enjoy with cracker, celery, in a salad, or on a sandwich. 

Ingredients:

- 1 can of chickpeas

- 1 large avocado

- 2 tbsp. of Siracha

- 2 tbsp. of Dijon Mustard

- Salt and Pepper

- Half of a lemon (for juice)

TIP: I have found it easier to mash the avocado first but if you have a big enough bowl, it really doesn't matter


Mushroom Tacos

Inspired from the Half Backed Harvest, this is quite literally the easiest meal to make. You are basically going to throw all of the ingredients ( except for the tortillas of course) into a gallon sized bag and put it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes and heat it up on a pan. I kinda toss in whatever spices I have into my marinade and it always turns out right. 

Ingredients:

- 4 Big Portobello Mushroom

- 1/2 cup of Orange Juice ( trust me)

-1 tbsp of Paprika

- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder

- 1 tbsp of Chile Power

- Salt and Pepper

- Taco tortillas

TIP: If you want any additional toppings, you can always add arugula and my three ingredient guac on top (literally avocado, Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning, and Lime Juice)



Greek Pasta Salad

I honestly don't know why I call this "Greek" pasta salad, but this is one of the easiest things to make for the week. It lasts so well, and even becomes more flavorful every time you have it. Very minimal clean up needed which is always a bonus

Ingredients:

- Any kind of pasta you want

- Baby tomatoes

- Cucumber

-Raw broccoli

- Red onions

- Peppers

- 1/4 cup of Italian Dressing

** Really any veggies you want

TIP: If you are feeling extra fun, add 2 tbsps of pesto!!


Coconut Curry Rice with Roasted Veggies

This lunch has become one of my top favorites. You can make it at the beginning of the week and it makes about three servings. You are basically going to put equal part coconut milk and water in a pot with a cup of rice. Add in the curry paste and let it simmer for about 30 mins, stirring occasionally. Then you just sauteed your veggies and you are good to go!!

Ingredients:

- 1 cup of rice

- 1 cup of coconut milk 

- 1 cup of water

- 1 tbsp of Red Curry Paste 

- Zucchini

- Peppers

- Mushrooms

- Spinach

- Broccoli

TIP: For an extra topping, add fresh avocado after heating up your leftovers!!


Vegan Ceasar Salad

Who doesn't love a Caesar salad?! This is technically vegan because there is no meat or dairy, but you can really add whatever you want to it! This is also inspired by Half Baked Harvest and is probably the easiest salad you are going to make. You are going to oven roast your chickpeas and sweet potato and through it all together in a bowl!

Ingredients:

- 1 Sweet Potato

- 1 Can of Chickpeas

- Arugula

- Spinach

- Trader Joe's Vegan Ceasar Salad Dressing

TIP: For an added crunch, add walnuts ( also good for protein and omega-3s!!)


***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top