Q&A with My Younger Self





 Hey Everyone!!

I am about to be a 24 year old women! I am so happy the day is finally almost here! 

I am not exactly sure what about 24 I am so excited about. I think it is mostly that I am done with 23. In 23 I did a lot of self growth and self discovery and I am excited to apply it all to 24! I have also been doing a lot of self- reflection, realizing how far I have come from where I wanted to be. Also realizing where I want to go from here. There is not track like there was in school, we have more autonomy than every before. I have been thinking a lot about my younger self- like when I was in middle school and decided the I wanted to be in fashion. I thought it would be cool ( and a good therapy exercise) to do a pretend  interview with my younger self.

Enjoy!! And Happy Birthday to Me!!!

***

14 y/o SA: Okay so I have a lot of question for you now that you are a real person

24 y/o SA: Go for it


14 y/o SA: Where do you live?? Please say New York!!

24 y/o SA: I actually do live in New York! I have been here for a little over a year now, but I couldn't move out of mom and dad's right away because there was a global pandemic which I don't even want to get into. Basically, I had to put my life on pause for a year and work in the mall, Nanny, and self some clothes at Plato's Closet to save up. Once I got my first job, I moved within a month of working and have been here ever since! 


14 y/o SA: Is your favorite place still Times Square?

24 y/o SA: I definitely love Times Square and walk through it whenever I need to think of you and how much I wanted to live the life I do, but honestly, Central Park has been my favorite place. Also West Village because that neighborhood has some of the best restaurants!!


14 y/o SA: Are you still at that job you moved here for?

24 y/o SA: No actually, it's not the best story. It was your first real experience in the fashion/ corporate world and it really kicked your ass. You learned a lot, made a really good friend, but ultimately ended up switching gears completely to a job- still in fashion- doing product development at Coach. You love it and you have more work-life balance than ever before ( something you should hold tight to)! Also you are making new friends at your new job too so it all works out!


14 y/o SA: Are we rich??

24 y/o SA: Still dreaming about that one girly. You are working in fashion after all. Currently we are working two jobs- sometimes seven days a week. You work your corporate job and on the weekends you still are in your customer service grind working front desk at a gym you discovered when you were 20. You love both jobs in different ways, but are able to support yourself without mom and dad's help which is pretty cool to say. Maybe we can marry rich instead!


14 y/o SA: Do your best friends live with you in NYC?

24 y/o SA: Sadly no. You'll learn that your best best best friends you will ever make will actually come to you in the middle of college and some you will still hold onto from high school. You will love them and laugh with them, but eventually you will all move a part to build your own lives. You still get to see them 2-3x a year but it is sad they can't be with you as much as you would like.


14 y/o SA: What do you like to do for fun?

24 y/o SA: Okay- try not to laugh but, I have really liked reading. It's kinda trending right now. I try to go to the park once a week and read for a couple hours! Also going out to eat, working out, listening to podcasts, watching shows, going to art museums. Not too much has changed about our interests!! Still fun, creative girlies! 


14 y/o SA: Are we still fat?

24 y/o SA: Girl, you were never fat. You were always beautiful. Our body has changed, of course. I love to work out and use working out as a way to get stronger no to loose weight. You have also learned, through therapy- which is probably the best thing that you have done for yourself, that food does not need to be earned, nor is there "good" or "bad" food. You love trying new things at restaurants and while yes, not all days are body loving days, you appreciate yourself wayyyy more than you used to! 


14 y/o SA: Are you married?

24 y/o SA: ABSOLUTELY NOT! You had your first boyfriend in college. He was one of your best friends but you two inevitably came to an end. Being single isn't all that bad, especially as a new adult. Dating is definitely an option, but due to our career choice we are left to meeting people in the wild or on a dating app called Hinge- kinda like Match.com. I know that I will find someone some day and definitely do not want to be married or have kids ANY TIME SOON. Still trying to understand how the stock market works. 


14 y/o SA: It sounds like you have achieved almost everything we planned for, so what's next?

24 y/o SA: Well right now, I want to focus on growing in my career. I'm really good at it and I feel like I have the chance to be great. I also am seriously focusing on finances- you would not believe how much rent costs in a place like NYC. I've also gotten really creative in the past couple years. I started this blog and have loved being able to create things, so I want to explore that more and maybe even grow a following. I know Instagram like just came out for you, but it has grown into some people's full time job. That would be pretty cool! 


14 y/o SA: That's all I got for now

24 y/o SA: Come back any time!


14 y/o SA: Love you!

24 y/o SA: Love you too queen! 



***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top