Dressing Like Junie B Jones for a Day


 

Junie B Jones was one of my favorite childhood characters growing up. I loved her tenactiy on life, her passion for being herself, and how she always had good intentions at heart. I didn't read a lot growing up but I read almost every single Junie B Jones books. I feel like there is a very popular social media trend (at least on my TikTok FYP) where people are projecting what their favorite childhood characters would dress like today. I have given my own take on what I think these characters would wear on my Tiktok page and my Pinterest page. I'll get to the other characters on the blog soon enough, but I figured I would start with one of my all time favorites!


Junie B Jones has such a fun and colorful style, similar to what I would describe my style, so it was not that hard to embody her in my wardrobe. I will say the dress I am wearing in these photos was actually a part of my Nuuly rental box for the month! I am not sponsored ( although how cool would it be if I was?!?!), but I just an all out fan because I can take part in these trends without the commitment of keeping my items- not to mention it is a more sustainable way to participate in the fashion world. I could literally go on a whole tangent (as if I am not doing that right now) on Nuuly, so message me if you want to hear more (and if you want $10 off your first month's subscription)!!



Back to the outfit- the dress I am wearing is WAYYY out of my comfort zone; definitely something I would never pick out on my own, but that is the magic of Nuuly. It is this long, almost mesh material, tight fitting dress. Just to clarity, it didn't fit tight, it just was more of a fitted piece that what I usually wear. I will say it was definitely more of a risk than what I would usually go for because it was slightly see-through, but you just wear the right underwear and move on lol. Oddly enough I had never felt more confident. I was so enthralled with how cool I looked like, I didn't have time to feel self-conscious about what I my body was doing (which spoiler alert: you will always be your harshest critic, so you need to discern what is fact and what is fiction). I wore my red cowboy boots from Poshmark- which have now become my new personality trait. Literally they were $10 and I look like the trendiest lady on the block. I blew out my hair with the help of my Dry Bar curlers, threw on some colorful accessories and I was out the door to have myself a day! 



You can wear whatever you want to wear and I think Junie B Jones thought that to me. She would wear her version of her best and that was good for her. Her confidence (and slight stubbornness) in her self is something I think we all need a little more of!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top