Book Review: Tales from the Back Row


 

Hey Friends!

Another book review coming at ya! I recently finished this book and knew it had to be featured on the blog since it includes basically everything on my bucket list. Tales from the Back Row is a collection of personal essays about being an outsider breaking into the fashion industry. Amy Odell, a current Cosmopolitan editor, acts as a spy on the inside, taking the reader into the backstage of fashion shows, the hectic crowds of sample sales, even the time she met Chelsea Handler. Amy has given me stories to dream about recreating in the years to come. Her lighthearted, descriptive essays pops the bubble of the fashion industry with helpful tips included along the way. 

I personally love reading books like this about the fashion industry because it gives me a story to vicariously live through. I am at a point where I want to break into the New York City fashion world so badly and if that means reading about it until I can see it in person then so be it. Amy adds a human perspective to a picture perfect world and through reading this, I realized all the opportunities lying in store for me when I finally get my foot in the door. Reading about your passions is a great way to solidify your goals and learn from others. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is dying to make their big break into the world of runway shows, networking lunches, and editorials.

***

Stay UNIQUE and Happy Reading, 

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top