Favorite Christmas Traditions



Hey Everyone!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!! I thought that today, to help get into the holiday spirit since Christmas is literally right around the corner, I would share with you all some of my favorite family traditions my family does for the holidays. Some of them are a little unconventional, but that is why I love them so much- because they're unique! I hope you all enjoy and feel free to comment your favorite family tradition!

***

1. Senior Year Angel Topping

As the kids started getting older, we would honor the "senior" of the family by letting them put the angel on the Christmas tree. It would always follow with a mini photoshoot with my parents but it has lasted for the past five years- there is always someone graduating from something with a family of four kids. It gives people something to look forward to and also switches up who put the angel on the tree. Fun fact: the angel we top out Christmas tree with is what my dad put the ring in when he proposed to my mom on Christmas morning!

2. Personalized Cookies

My mom is one of the best cooks/ bakers around and she really pops off during the holiday season. Every Decembers she lets each kid pick out a cookie from her recipe book and she makes a batch of each. This ensures that everyone has something that they like but also is a huge act of love on my mom's behalf because she knows how much we love her sweet treats! The cookie that I pick almost every year is either raspberry thumbprint cookies or spritz cookies.

3. Neighborhood Light Show and Peppermint Milk Shakes

In a neighborhood a couple miles from my house there is a tree tunnel light show that you can drive through. It goes on for about 4 or 5 miles, but takes like 25 mins to drive through because you are going so slow to look at everything going on. My family goes to Chick-fil-A to get their seasonal peppermint milk shakes to pregame (which are probably my favorite holiday fast food feature). As we drive through the tree tunnel, we listen to Christmas music and it is such a feel good time!

4. Homemade Pizza Christmas Eve

This is one of the most unique family traditions we have; no one I know does this on Christmas Eve. Ever since I was a child, my family has never had a huge Christmas Eve dinner. My mom usually likes to pull out all the stops on Christmas Day with starting with our brunch and ending with our surf and turf. The homemade pizza was mostly put in place because it was an easy dinner to make as we finish up our holiday prep, but now it is something I look forward to because I like knowing that it is something that not many other people do.

5. Mix and Match Wrapping Paper for Kids Presents

My mom never reveals all of her tricks and one things she has been able to pull off every year is the unmarked Christmas presents. She never labels who the gifts are for rather she wraps the presents in different wrapping paper for each kid and does not reveal her code until Christmas morning. She does this to avoid comparison or judging the quality of the gift based on the size or number of gifts. One year she wrapped every present in the same wrapping paper. Somehow she is able to remember every present she wraps and who it is for.

***

Stay UNIQUE and Happy Holidays!

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top