Black Owned Businesses to Support During This Time



Hello Everyone!

I understand that in my last post I said I would be posting everyday of that week, however, with the tensions and climate we are facing I did not feel comfortable with posting my usual content. I have taken this past week to educate myself, sign the petitions, donate to organizations and have conversations with friends and family. I suggest that you all do the same. I am sure that I am no where near "influencer status", but I do want to do my part in informing my readers as I return to my usual content. I want to make a quick disclaimer that I am still continuing my education and activism off-screen. My decision of going back to my usual content on my blog is not meant to be a statement of the world we are living in. This blog has been a way for me to control the uncertainty around me and a source of creativity. I am still going to try and post everyday this week to challenge myself. This week will include content related to the Black Lives Matter movement, the general fashion world and my personal life. I hope you all enjoy my work I will be producing this week and with out a further-a-do, my first post of the week: Black Owned Businesses You All Can Support. 

As we have all seen, there are so many ways to support the BLM movement, including supporting small business. Diversifying our shopping habits is just one of the many ways to grow through this call to action. Today I wanted to feature five black-owned or founded business. Glamour released a statement in one of their recent articles saying " As people across the country demand justice for the death of George Floyd, there are numerous ways you can take action in support of the Black Lives Matter movement. Apart from donating to organizations like the George Floyd Memorial Fund, the Minnesota Freedom Fund, and Campaign Zero, you can also show support for black creators by putting money into black-owned business". How you use your money throughout all of this is your choice, you can donate, provide resources for those protesting, or support small businesses, but there is not doubt that we all need to be involved in this change. 
***
Humans Before Handles
Humans Before Handles makes these amazing pieces of jewelry including necklaces, statement earrings, and hair accessories! According to their website, their values are rooted in more simple times and great style. Here are some of my favorite pieces I have found on their website!
Cowgirl Hair Clip Set Stellan - salmon  Eclaire Baddie Necklace

ZYI
One of the biggest reasons I love this brand is because it is just as passionate about sustainability in the fashion industry as I am! ZYI is mainly run out of an Instagram site (@zyiarchives). Each piece is hand-picked and they even offer free shipping!! Their style is so unique and simple! Here are some of the pieces that I have found on their page that I love most!
  

Cushine
Cushine sells luxury women's ready-to-wear and accessories designed in New York City. With a desire to serve the modern women, Cushine's products are designed featuring a lot of geometric lines, contrasting colors, and multiple fabrics. This brand has been worn by many influential women of color including Michelle Obama, Beyonce, and Lupita Nyong'o!!  Cushine is currently doing a collab with target on their website linked here!  I have attached some of my favorite looks from their collab below.
    

Sweats by Sam 
With the rise of sweatsuits in quarantine, this is the perfect site to fuel your addiction. Sam was a fashion design major at Drexel University. Her clothes are made with the goal of that you will live in them! Pieces that provide comfort and make you feel confident! Here are some of my favorite looks from her site.
  

Elia Vintage
Vintage style has had a resurgence in the fashion industry and Elia Vintage makes it easy for you to find classy and elegant pieces. Hand selected, one of a kind items for you to choose from. Also featured on her website is her styling these looks to help her shoppers see how to incorporate these pieces in your current wardrobe. Here are some of my favorite looks that she offers.

IMG_3456.JPG F3FB3EFE-C7AC-4C31-BA9B-6EE3EEDF77BD.JPG IMG_2958.JPG

***
What are some other ways you have been giving to this movement?
Stay UNIQUE, 
Sara Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top