May Favorites



    
The beginning of one month allows us to reflect on the one that ended. The good, the bad, and the ugly. As we move forward we must challenge our self to bring the good with us, grow from the bad, and try to forget the ugly. May in and of itself was a roller coaster of  emotions with my virtual graduation, moving back into my parents house, and of course everything else that was happening in the world. Today I wanted to highlight some of the good that I have found for the month of May and share it with you all
***
Listening
I have tried to get back to my playlist making this past month, but wanted to highlight a couple podcasts and songs I have loved!

- Freckled Foodie and Friends Podcast
- Gals on the Go Podcast
- BENEE's album titled Fire on Mars
- Anything by Madison Beer

Wearing
Living in the peak of work from home chic, I have been trying my best to find things that are easy, comfortable, and trendy.  I have loved my multicolored ring that I found on Amazon under $20! 

I also have loved finding new summer sundresses from Lulus and feeding into my bohemian styles with neck scarfs (again found at Amazon). Even though we are still going on the third month of work from home, at this point I am refusing to sacrifice my personal style and fashion for sweatpants and t-shirts from my dad. 

Beauty
With less time in make up, I am focusing more time into skincare. I am almost 22 and a college graduate. I feel that I owe it to myself to develop a steady morning and night skin care routine as my first adult move. But I have been very hesitant to buying a regular sized container of something I had no experiece with so I took advantage of the Sephora Members Sale and bought a sample kit from Milk Makeup and love it.

I also have been trying to take this time to put more care into my hair and finding products to thicken and strengthen. I recently found this Fable & Mane Holiroots Pre-wash Hair Treatment Oil. I was a little hesitant at first because similar to my skin, my hair is very sensitive and my biggest concern was that it was going to make my hair oily, but BOY WAS I WRONG. This product is a little BLESSING. I put it in at least 10 mins before hopping into the shower (and have had it in my hair as an overnight treatment) and when I get out whether my hair dries natural or is blow dried, it is so much softer at first touch. I also have noticed my hair feeling thicker and looking healthier after about two weeks of usage. I can not recommend this enough! It is a clean hair care product and I just love the way my hair lays and looks now!

Doing
In terms of exercising, I have become obsessed with Zoom Boxing workouts led by a D.C Rumble boxing instructor, Sharon Kim (@thesharonkim on Instagram). I found her when I took some Rumble classes over winter break at the D.C location and fell in love with her instructing. She is offering zoom workout sessions to mimic the ten round set up in a regular class. Look her up! She motivates, empowers, and pushes you to be the best version of yourself.

In terms of hobbies, I have been loving Canva to work on my graphic design and creating. I also have grown in my love for making cheese boards with help from Pinterest, giving me the inspiration to make the most aesthetically pleasing boards.

In terms of reading I completely consumed Danielle Bernstein's This is NOT a Fashion Story. SO GOOD! Highly recommend for an insight to one of the most top growing fashion influencers. 

***
What loves did you find in May that you are bringing with you as we enter June?

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top