Sara Anne's Quaran-Routine: Post Grad Edition




Hey Everyone!

I have always thought it is so interesting seeing how other people live their lives and in a weird way, it motivates me to be more productive with my time. As I have said in past posts, I recently graduated college and due to the economic recession and a world wide pandemic, I am still on the job search. My days probably look different than yours, but one thing that I have challenged myself is to use this time to be productive, do things I enjoy, and work to become the person I want to be.
***

7:00am
First thing I do is pop in my contacts and make a pot of coffee for myself and the fam. We have been loving the Snickerdoodle Roast from Fresh Market. I love starting my day with lemon water and a mug full of coffee with a splash of almond milk.

7:15am
Skin care and vitamins. At this point in my life, I am officially a "real adult" and am set to have a "real skin care routine". I start off by washing my face with the Milky Jelly Glossier Cleanser followed by the Thayer's Rose Water Toner. I use two serums on my face: first the Glossier Super Bounce Serum then the Watermelon Brightening Stick by Milk Makeup. I finish my skincare routine with an eye cream because it is never too early to start fighting wrinkles. I don't regularly use moisturizers that often anymore because my skin is so sensitive that a lot of moisturizers make my skin feel clogged. However, when I am putting on make up, I use the Moisturizing Primer from Glossier. Also at this time, I take my daily vitamins including Vitamin B-Complex, Fish Oil, and Astaxanthin. 

7:30am
I start by making one of my two go to breakfasts- avocado toast or protein oatmeal. I like to rotate the two regularly so I don't get bored, but I try to start my day with a serving of fruits, protein, and (if possible) veggies. Breakfast is my favorite time of day because I am such a morning person, so I like to cook for myself and with all of the time I now have, it is something for me to look forward to.

8:00am
Either while I am eating or directly after, I try to spend some time practicing mindfulness. Since one big thing I am trying to focus on is gratitude, I write down three things I am grateful for. If I am being honest, quarantine has been one of the hardest chapters for my mental health- as I know it has been for  a lot of people. I am trying to tun that around this month by focusing on the little things that make life great. Next up is prayer and devotional. I try to write three prayer requests to focus on. This is nice because then, as time goes on, I can look back at how life has evolved. As for my devotional, I have been doing the "New Morning Mercies". It is crazy how exact some of the passages and messages are to my life and what I am going through. I am so over being sad and gloomy about my circumstances and am deciding to truly take time to invest in myself and make myself better.

8:45am
I have loved reading articles from the website WhoWhatWear. They are so informative and fin anf also a great way for me to get inspiration for my blog posts. I also use this time to catch up on any YouTube videos from my favorite vloggers or any podcasts I want to listen too. I love just chilling and doing thins that make me happy in the morning because it sets me up to be more motivated and content throughout the day.

10:00am
I try to work on my blog in the morning because my brain works best after I have been nourished and energizes. Since I don't have a formal job or school anymore, this is kinda what I consider my "work". I use this time to work on graphics, write, and plan future posts. This is something I love to do and love learning about. I also use this time to work on new skills: watching tutorials about Excel and learning about new editing tools.

12:30pm
LUNCH. I try to give myself a very filling lunch with lots of nutrients. I usually take a baking try and cut up different veggies such as peppers, brussel sprouts, and sweet potato and roast them in the oven for twenty mins then eat them with either chicken or a veggie burger (whatever we have in the fridge) and then have a fruit on the side. Lately I have been loving watermelon and pomegranate seeds together.

1:00pm
I usually take time to just chill and watch TV. I am almost done watching Gossip Girl over again. I try to give myself time throughout the day to relax because I can.

2:30pm
I try to read at least 30 mins a day. Again, it's one of those things where I feel that as I am now an adult, I should read more. I am currently bouncing back and forth between The End of Fashion and So You Want to Talk About Race. I will be posting soon about books to read about fashion!!

3:00pm
I try to finish up my work for the day and make a to do list for the next day to have a little bit of a plan for the day.

3:30pm
This is usually where I will start my workout for the day. I try to have around thirty minutes of cardio whether that is running, walking, or riding my bike. I have been working to have a well-rounded workout schedule. I then do either a 45 minute Barre 3 class online or one the saved Rumble Boxing Instagram lives they have saved on their account. These workouts are both so fun because I feel like I am working out and they are movements I genuinely enjoy. I try to workout almost everyday, but also realized I am human and do my best day by day.

5:00pm
Shower time and evening skin care routine. I do my skin care early evening so I do not forget and it is just a nice way to wind down from the day. My night time skin care consists of the same face wash and toner. I use the Melatonin Overnight Serum  and Lip Mask from Milk Makeup. Also when I get out of the shower I usually put on my body lotion from Glossier. I do this whether I shave or not because it just makes my skin feel so soft.

5:30pm
From this point on I spend the rest of the night with my family eating dinner, watching our favorite TV shows and movies. It has been nice being able to be with my family during this time because I know when I do get a job and move out, it won't happen as much. 

10:00pm
This is usually when I like to wrap up my time and start brushing my teeth and taking out my contacts.

10:15pm
Social Media Scroll. I know it might be considered "unhelpful" but I always do a social media scroll on Instagram, Twitter, and Tiktok because I do not go on my phone that much. Sometimes I'll read a little bit of my book, but that is on a very rare occasion. 

11:00pm
Lights out
***

What do your days look like in quarantine?

Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top