A Staycation in Georgetown


 

Hey Friends!

The other day, my friends and I did a staycation trip in Georgetown and today I am going to tell you guys all about it! With travel restricted and the DMV area still on close lockdown, we had to get creative on our "big day out" and decided to explore our very own backyard- Georgetown. I am so lucky that all of my friends are on the same page about remain as covid- conscious as possible, so we were able to as safe as we could control throughout the day. I hope you all enjoy this recap and that it encourages you to get creative with the way you hangout with your friends. 

***

Food:

 We went to lunch at this place called Martin's Tavern. We    were lucky to find they had outdoor seating with heaters by the tables. While the heaters were on they did not exactly do that much heating, so we just kept our jackets on. When talking to the server, we made sure that our masks were on and only    really took them off to eat our meals. Me and my friend Hunter both got the Ahi Tuna Sandwich. It was a sandwich on white bread with arugula, cucumber, soy sauce, and, of course, the   ahi tuna. It was AMAZING and was also served with fries    which just made it better. The food was moderately priced and since it was off of the lunch time menu, it definitely was not weighing down in my wallet. 

We grabbed some cookies from Levain Bakery. I personally love Levain so much. First of all, I found them when I was living in New York over the summer (heart eyes for that time of my life). The one in Georgetown was their first location outside of New York, so obviously I love supporting it. Second of all cookies are my go to sweet. Some people it is cake or ice cream or chocolate candy but for me it is cookies. I don't know why, but I just love them so much. Anyways, Levain has THE BEST Oatmeal Raisin cookies and how many times has someone told about a really good Oatmeal Raisin cookie? Probably not many times. I would definitely check them out if you are in New York or near Georgetown.

Shopping:

M Street is the hub of high end shopping in Georgetown. From Alice and Olivia (one of my favorites) to Michael Kors to Free People. They have it all (even a TJ Maxx). Because of this price range a lot of it was window shopping, but it was still a really fun experience. I almost was going to buy an Outdoor Voices workout dress, but my wallet did not agree. When we were in the Anthropologie, I was in awe with their home décor section. I feel like that is how you know you're getting old is when you swoon over a wine glass set or a stack of glass Tupperware. I also went inside of an Aritzia store for the first time and was very impressed; it kinda reminded me of a ZARA with their simplicity in store layout. One of my favorite things while shopping is paying attention to the branding of the store. I love when stores have a consistent brand image or do things with their store layout in such a unique way. It is definitely more of an overanalyzing take than most shoppers, but it is literally what I center my life around so,  I'll take my quirks as a sign of passion.

                                   


Activities:

Besides walking in total of about 8 miles, we decided to take our cookies up to Georgetown University and sit on their quad. I have never been to Georgetown's school and it is so pretty. It helped that it was sunny outside and  there were rocking chairs out, practically waiting for us to sit in. We just sat, ate our cookies, and talked. It was absolutely wonderful! When we were walking back to our cars, we found the perfect street and took some self-timer pictures. It was such a fun day and the best part was the simplicity of it all!


***
Stay UNIQUE,
Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top