December Favorites



Hello Friends!

Today you have a fun double feature of seeing my December Favorites and January Mood Board. I am doing a little content catch up for you all as I get settled with the new year and wanted to make sure I still kept some of the things I started in 2020! I personally have grown to love these favorites post because it gives me an opportunity to reflect on some of the positives from the month (which was not always easy last year) and gives you the opportunity to find new products! I hope you enjoy the last favorites post of 2020 (yes I know we are already in 2021, but you know what I mean).

Enjoy!

***

Listening

While obviously I listened to my Christmas Jazz playlist, I don't love listening to Christmas music around the clock either. I was happy to find that there was still a lot of music that was released this past month. The song, Monsters by Demi Lovato, blackbear, and All Time Low is the perfect angst mix and just gets me so hype when I am getting ready for work. Also I have been on a huge Megan Thee Stallion kick for whenever I need to gas myself up or take a moment to scream in the car to her powerful lyrics. Finally, actively listening to podcasts. It is no lie that 2020 became the year of the podcasts for me and I would listen to some every now and then, but in the month of December, it clicked. I started actually subscribing and listening weekly to some of my favorite creators. My favorite thing is taking time in my day to go on a walk and listening to a podcast. I always feel so refreshed after listening to a good podcast with no other distractions. My favorite ones I have been listening to are my number one favorite, New York Times' The Daily, Katy Bellotte's Thick and Thin, Betches' Diet Starts Tomorrow, and Freckled Foodies' Freckled Foodie and Friends. Another one I found recently is Shannon Ford and MC Callahan's Probably a Podcast that released it's first episode last Monday.  I lot of listening favorites to close the year out, but hey, we ended with a bang!

Wearing

It is no lie that I am a simp for comfortable products and I have upped my slipper game over the course of 2020. I started quarantine with my Jessica Simpson slippers I got from Amazon and wore them to the brim. For Christmas I received the UGGs Slipper Slides and I love them so much. The only thing that is a little draw, is that it stains my feet. I got the cheetah print and sometimes it gets on feet but it just washes it off in the shower. 

Whenever I am not working at Free People, my go-to winter WFH outfit is joggers and a fitted tank top with my Nike socks over top. It is so chic and comfortable ( what did a say? SIMP). The classic Pinterest look for days off has a been go to. I really want to get the Set Active socks or or other "Nike" socks for future wears.

This favorite makes me laugh because it is so "new normal"- Black Disposable Masks. I got a 50 pack from Amazon for like $10 and they literally look so much better than the blue ones. It is just nice when the reusable masks are in the wash and I need something to get through the day. They are so sleek and match any outfit! Definitely an investment piece. 

Beauty

My lips have been more chapped than ever this year. I have turned into a Chapstick girl which is funny because my sister is OBSESSED with Chapstick. But it is true because I literally need them or else my lips will literally be in pain. My go to is the Glossier Balm Dot Com in the shade Rose and the yellow tube of Carmex. I went the through the ESOS phase in high school but just can't anymore.

In the "Skincare" highlight on my Instagram profile (@uniquely_sara_anne) I discuss some of my personal staples I have used to clear my skin. One of the staples I have been loving is the Origins Night-A-Mins Face Lotion. I got a mini bottle of it from Sephora as a tester with my purchase and I am going 100% buy a full bottle for myself because it perfectly moisturizes my skin at night without making my skin greasy. I have always been nervous with moisturizers because my skin is so sensitive and naturally oily, but that is why this moisturizer speaks volumes to me- because my skin can not only survive with it, but thrive!

I have had to use a lot of heat on my hair because I have been working more, so, whether it is blow drying or curling, I've used the Dry Bar Prep and Rally Heat Protectant Spray. Not only does it smell good (which is already a great start), it makes my hair soft and protects my hair. I have noticed that my hair has been looking so healthy even though the last time I got a hair cut was JUNE! Just like my skin, my hair is also very sensitive and naturally oily, so the fact that this spray gives my hair a smooth, shinny look without being oily and heavy is a miracle. 

Doing

I have been doing HIIT workouts for almost all of 2020 and my body was starting to take a toll from it. I had always wanted to be the type to like yoga, but it was never my thing. Until December. I started doing 20-30 min yoga YouTube videos for the purpose of stretching out my muscles and it feels so good and by the end of each class, I was feeling so relaxed. The slow, deep movements feel so good on an overworked body. I am by no means a health or fitness expert but I definitely would recommend one yoga/stretching session a week if you are constantly doing intense workouts or if you just want to relax a little. In 2021, I am going to try to up my practice to twice a week!

This was the first year I followed Vlogmas on YouTube. My favorites were Brooke Miccio and Katy Bellotte. I watched a little bit of Emma McDonald's and Danielle Carolan's. I loved being able to follow these creators through the month of December!

I have been a reading machine and finished two books this month. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I literally never read a single book from the ages of 14-21. The two books I finished this past month were Tails from the Back Row and Leave Your Mark. I have started the book Untamed this month ( I got is for a Christmas present) and I really like it. I am hoping to read about 2-3 books this month and just see how much I can do, so if you have a book recs comment below!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top