Top Ten Things That Made Me Smile



 Hello Friends!

Another week of the year down and this week was nothing short of an adventure. A lot of big things happened this week leading to a lot of things that made me smile! I hope you all enjoy this week's Top Ten and stay tuned for more bonus posts this weekend!

Enjoy!

***

Facetiming Old Friends from College

You know those friends where you can not talk for like 9 months just because life happens, but right when you reconnect it is like time didn't change a thing? That my friends is my relationship with my dear gal Lulu. Lulu was the first person I met when I was at USC and we were friends all through college. I was able to facetime her this week and, even though we haven't seen each other in person since May, we picked up right where we left off! I am so grateful for friendships like these in my life and always makes me thankful for the support bubble I have built for myself.

Inauguration Day

Where do I even begin? The historical significance. The outfits. The way that  Jenifer Lopez somehow combined This Land is Your Land with Let's Get Loud. There is nothing that makes me smile bigger than knowing the change that awaits our country.

Feeling My Body Grow Stronger

It is a really cool feeling to know that your body is growing stronger. When I was in my JABS classes this week, I noticed that my push ups were getting easier and that I had more endurance to last through the whole class. I have been doing JABS for almost 7 months and it is crazy to see the transformation not only mentally but, now, physically. If you haven't tried JABS yet- THIS IS YOUR SIGN.

Testing My New Milk Frother

I finally got a milk frother from Amazon and let me just say it has changed my life for the better. I know it sounds a little ridiculous, but it is true. It is the easiest thing to do and you can literally feel like a Starbuck barista. All I do is use the Trader Joe's instant cold brew mix with a glass of cold water and then in a separate cup, I add oat milk creamer, almond milk, and my Vital Proteins Collagen and froth it up to create a cold foam topping. Literally AMAZING!!!

Finding New Podcasts

It is not even a month into the new year and I already know that my Spotify Wrapped is going to be exploding with podcasts. This week I found a new one that I am going to love-  Girl's Gotta Eat. I know this is definitely not a new one out there, but their most recent episode is with a Peloton instructor talking about confidence and I loved it. I am so excited to continue following this podcast into the rest of the new year! 

Scheduling My Hair Appointment

There is nothing like the feeling of getting a new hair cut- a feeling I have not lived since last June, but this week that changed as I got an appointment scheduled for next week. I am so excited because I am also going to be getting my hair balayage, so stay tuned and for posts on my Insta Story for inspiration.

Watching Southern Charm

Southern Charm is probably one of my favorite Bravo shows. Partly because I love Charleston, SC and partly because I love the mindless drama of it all. Last night was the second part of the season finale and I got to watch it live with my mom and it was just so nice to be able to watch it on schedule instead of catching up and trying to avoid spoilers. It truly is the little things guys. 

Getting Through Another Week of Dry January

Pretty self- explanatory. I am not going to lie, there were some times this week where I almost cracked but I am staying strong and now only have 9 days left. I realize I am only 22, so technically this is not that big of a deal because I have many Dry January's in years past, but this has just been struggle city. When all of this is over I will be doing a post on my experience with it all and if I would recommend it for 2022.

Sunrise Walks

It is no lie that I value my walk/podcast time whenever I can schedule it in, but this week I woke up extra early to go on my walk during the sunrise and let me just say that it hit different. I obviously would recommend going on walks to clear your head and start you day, but especially if you can see a pretty sunrise or sunset!

Writing About Things That Excite Me

Let it be known that I don't ever write about things that I don't like on this blog. There is literally no point to waste my time on that, but this week, I just feel like I got a surge of creative energy and really got into the things I posted. I am hoping to ride this wave for as long as it will last me!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top