Top Ten Things That Made Me Smile



Hello Friends,


This week was far from ordinary or the way we expected the first official week of the new year to run. I am disgusted and appalled  about what happened at the Capitol other day. I want you all to know  right here and now that I do not support anything of the sort and urge to you educate yourself with the proper news resources whether that be podcasts, publications, or actual TV news. It is important to stay educated in times like these to avoid willful ignorance. That being said, I have recently discovered that one of the beauties about human being is that feelings are not mutually exclusive and though this week has been nothing short of crazy, there have still been some pockets of peace and happiness that made me smile. This is a new segment I am bringing to the blog because I want to encourage you guys to look beyond your stressors and find good things in hard times. Practicing gratitude has been a huge lifesaver in my personal life and now feel ready to share it all with you!

Enjoy!

***

A Sunset Social Distance Reunion with Friends from High School

I would not say I am close with pretty much anyone from my high school with the exception of about six people and I am ok with that. I feel that high school was just a chapter in my life but I have grown so much more since leaving and I feel that it is natural for people to go their separate ways. That being said, living in my home town offers the chance to reconnect with old friends and catch up in new, creative ways. Me and two other friends that I hadn't seen since July decided to grab our blankets and lawn chairs and head to our local park to watch the sunset and talk ( all 6 feet a part!). The sunset was beautiful and throughout quarantine, I have just noticed how much nature has played a part in calming my anxiety. The people in the world are crazy but the actually Earth we live in is a breathtaking place.

 

New Podcast Routine

I feel like I have been talking about my podcast revelation for like the last couple of posts now but how can I not?!? I am so excited to be a podcast listener and I have found the perfect bundle of creators to tune into to make sure I am staying informed on current events, getting in my daily laughs, and supporting some of my favorite social media stars. So, to avoid further questions I will breakdown my perfect assortment:

Daily: New York Time's "The Daily"

Betches "The Morning Announcement"

Toast News Network "The Morning Toast"

Weekly: 

Sunday- Betches "Diet Starts Tomorrow" 

Dear Media "We Met at Acme"

Thursday- Katy Bellotte's "Thick and Thin"

*Whenever she upload's* Freckled Foodie's "Freckled Foodie and Friends"

I love this assortment I have generated and it is just another thing that makes me smile.


Making Food That Nourishes My Body

Recently I have been honoring my body and my body's craving. I am eating foods that make me happy and that I like to eat not feel like I have to eat. I am not going to lie there are times where I feel guilty after eating potato chips or having a dessert, but then I remember that bodies change and grow for the better. A few potato chips can satisfy a craving and I can move forward instead of fixating on the idea of food until it takes over me. All food is fuel to our bodies and help us do life. Anyways, growth is growth.


Finishing my First Book of the Year

This week I was breezing through my my first official read of 2021, Untamed by Glennon Doyle. I loved this book and will definitely be putting in my book, but it is such a sense of accomplishment to have been able to read a book in a week! 


Officially Getting Caught Up on Real Housewives of Salt Lake City

I have always wanted to be the gal who watches Bravo but never had the time. I have always loved Bravo- Southern Charm is one of my favorites and this past summer I really got into Below Deck. I saw the promos about RHOSLC in the early fall, I was hooked. One of the perks about having an unofficial start to my post-grad life is time to spare so I watch all 8 episodes and got caught up! 


Starting My Retirement Fund

A very adult thing happened this week: I finally opened my retirement fund to start saving. I have been wanting to for a while and finally sat down and did it. I even already made my first deposit. I feel so accomplished and am hoping to focus on my finances this year to set myself up for the future. Kinda a silly thing, but I was definitely smiling after I set it up. 


Visiting My Grandparents

Corona has made visiting family a new luxury. I was able to visit my grandparents this week with my sister and check in with them. I am luck that a majority of my family lives within 45 mins away and my sister and I were masked the whole time and remained separated to ensure as much safety as we could practice. It is always nice to see them in person, even if that means watching  the game show channel or helping them with their emails. 


Cleaning My Bed Sheets

There is quiet literally no other feeling than knowing you are sleeping on clean sheets. I try to wash my sheets about once a month and it has been a hot minute since I last cleaned my bedding. Early this week I got up early and washed my pillow cases and sheets and my comforter. I have been sleeping so well this week and I think it is because I know that it is clean. 


Drinking Water Out of My Mason Jar with Fresh Lemons

The way I measure happiness nowadays is truly more simpler than I ever have and this point is more of an example than ever. Literally water with lemon. I have been trying to drink more water and I am very proud of it because water is so so important to have involved in your life. I am currently trying to do Dry January and it is not always easy- especially with a week like this, but drinking nonalcoholic drinks that make me happy make it easier. I have this huge mason jar that I have been drinking water out of all week and the other day I went to the store and got some lemons and it is so pretty to look at during the day and makes me want to drink more water! 


Sunrise Walks

I have been on such a walking kick. I feel that walks have allowed me to disconnect from my phone and just breathe. I have found a couple paths that I take and it is just so nice to wake up, journal and read a little, get ready and have the cold air hit my face. It feels so good and refreshing and totally wakes me up in the morning. I usually try to listen to a podcast and reflect on the words they are saying. I am able to appreciate nature and set my intentions for the day. I also just get to move my body in a way that I enjoy!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne



No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top