January Favorites



Hello Friends!


I know. I know. I am super early this month for the "Favorites" post, but trust me, I have a plan for everything (kinda). This month, in my personal life, was the best foundation for the year I have been hoping for. Lot's of exciting things to look forward to for the rest of the year and I hope the energy I experienced this month continues forward. I know that as a country, this month was an emotional rollercoaster, but I feel that things will get better and the change we are all able to experience is something that will push us forward to better things. Today I will be sharing my favorites from the month (in case you didn't read the title of the post lol).  

Enjoy!

***

Listening

THE DISNEY PLUS DRAMA. It all started with Drivers License and then Lie Lie Lie and then Skin. Let me just say my hears have never benefited more from this love triangle.  I will say I didn't feel that Skin was necessary because Olivia Rodrigo never outright attacked Sabrina Carpenter, so Sabrina did not have to clap back that hard. However ( and this may be a controversial statement) I LOVED Joshua Bassett's song Lie Lie Lie. I truly thought it was a bop. Anyways. I know this tea will eventually fizzle out, but I was wrapped in it for sure.

I have added some podcasts to my listening list that I think you all might enjoy! The Morning Announcements by Betches gives you a snapshot of the daily news in 5 minutes or less everyday. Girl's Gotta Eat gives you the laughs and the empowerment in the comedy podcast all about dating, relationships, and life as a modern girl. That's Loaded Podcast is hosted by Caitlin Bea and Sarah Belle (aka SarahBelle93x from my childhood) and they serve to be the big sisters you never asked for, talking about all things under the sun!

Here are some of my other top played songs for the month:

- I Am by Yung Baby Tate

- cheers by Blackbear and Wiz Kalifa

- Good Days by SZA

- Best Friend by Saweetie and Doja Cat

Wearing

I have been really into changing my accessories from the same Target pearls I have been wearing since I was 13 to these simple gold hoops from a set I got from Anthropologie. In the set there is a traditional pair of small gold hoops and then there is a pair of rectangle shaped small hoops and then a diamond chain pair of earrings. They are the perfect staple addition to my accessory collection. I will say I tried not to buy any new pairs of accessories or shoes, but these I could not refuse. And with my discount from Free People, I just had to.

Another favorite from the URBN family, my black fanny pack. I got this on New Year's Eve- my last shift of 2020 and have not stopped using this bag ever since. I never thought I could be a cool over the shoulder, fanny pack girl but here I am. It is so convenient and has a chain leather detailing that adds a little bit of an edge.

My last favorite I have is my hot pink beanie from Target. Target's accessories are fairly inexpensive. Like. The hat was $4. I just love the pop of color it added to my outfit and how it keeps me warm. I have not spent winter in NoVa in a long time and it is so cold here, so any way I can keep warm, I will invest in! I also have just been so here for the beanie look and think it is a cute casual way to add to an outfit. 

Beauty 

I recently switched my face wash to the famous CeraVe foaming face wash and absolutely love it! It is soft on my skin and makes it feel so clean. I use it morning and night and love it so much!

The black, water proof mascara from Milk Make Up is definitely on the list this month. I don't wear a lot of make up to work, if any, so I usually put on my tinted sunscreen and this mascara. It doesn't make my eyes feel clumpy or make my eyelashes look crazy. Also, for a water proof mascara, it is pretty easy to remove at the end of my day when I use Micellar Water.

Doing

This month I was able to do a lot of reading and even got some new books to look forward to! This month I finished the book Untamed and Little Fires Everywhere. I recently got the Michelle Obama book and the book called She Regrets Nothing which is basically a darker type of Gossip Girl based in New York, so I am very excited to read next month! 

On my watch list, I finished Gilmore Girls (finally!) and binged Bling Empire in two days. I just started Bridgerton and am obsessed! Also I have been up on my three favorite reality shows: The Bachelor, Southern Charm, and Real Housewives of Salt Lake City! If you are starting to get into the Real Housewives, Salt Lake City is definitely a great option!

I have been doing more yoga this month to stretch out and I have been feeling so good! Listening to my body and giving it what it needs is something I am really trying to grow in this year. I have been doing some stretches in the morning just to wake up a little bit and then once or twice a week, I would take a yoga class that I found on YouTube.

Can't wait to see what next month brings!

***

Stay UNIQUE,

Sara Anne


No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top